Posted On: 2021-02-16
Closing On: 2021-03-05
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is a national fundraising organization committed to improving the lives of vulnerable children in Canada. Our initiatives meet the immediate and urgent needs of at risk children and youth, and afford them a brighter future that, ultimately, strengthens our communities. With more than 300,000 children at risk of abuse and neglect in Canada, our support is critical in giving them hope, confidence and opportunity.
The Foundation has an ambitious agenda for growth and is currently executing a $75M Stand Up For Kids- Futures Transformed Campaign, which will bring long term growth and funding stability to important child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a dynamic and highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Officer, Corporate & Community Partnerships will increase revenue received from corporations and community partners; will manage a diverse portfolio of donors and sponsors; and will support the Director, Corporate & Community Partnership in managing and stewarding key partnerships. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results oriented, possess relationship management skills and is passionate for creating more resources for underserved children and youth.
- Project manage sponsorship sales for the Foundation’s annual Gala, Teddy Bear Affair
- Work with the Gala Committee to identify and solicit new supporters
- Monitor the market environment and develop engaging sponsorship materials
- Personally manage and grow a portfolio of corporate and community donors ($5K+) conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Research and build a pipeline of new corporate giving opportunities
- Support corporate partnerships’ activation or launch efforts
- Working with the Development Team, contribute to annual and campaign fundraising strategy and planning
- Prepare donor correspondence, proposals, meeting briefs, and call notes
- Execute excellent donor stewardship activities such as thank you letters, E-blasts etc.
- Ensure donor files are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with Raiser’s Edge operating policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration Coordinator, complete regular RE data pulls required by the Community & Corporate Partnerships team, ensuring data is captured effectively and ensuring lists are clean
- Act as an Ambassador/Community liaison and attend events as required
- Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration, Innovation
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Experience managing and growing a fundraising portfolio composed of corporate and/or community donors
- A proven track record in developing and securing strategic business development opportunities and securing sponsorships or cause-related marketing initiatives would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge (data entry, data maintenance, and database administration skills)
- Good skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, Outlook
Education and Experience Requirements
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of charitable sector experience, or transferable experience of a business development role
- Proven track record of securing revenue
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Occasional evenings and weekends during busy periods
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods
CAFC provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
As well, CAFC provides a comprehensive benefits package including extended health, four weeks’ vacation and membership in a defined benefit pension plan.
Note that currently as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, CAFC staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the CAFC offices, located in downtown Toronto.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 5, 2021. Please quote “DO-CORP2021” in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.