Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness.
Make-A-Wish® Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International, the largest wish-granting organization in the world, making dreams and wishes come true for more than 500,000 children since 1980.
Join our team as a:
Vice President, Individual Giving & Mass Market Fundraising
Greater Toronto Area (Remote during COVID-19)
Reference #: AF008
- Develop and own a portfolio including: Individual Giving, Direct Response and Mass Market fundraising programs to align with organization’s strategic direction and match the quality and integrity of MAWC’s brand and mission.
- Oversee work with Marketing, Communications & Digital team to implement vision of cross-channel mass market fundraising and donor engagement strategies that cultivate MAWC’s current supporter base and build an engaged community of new supporters.
- Develop donor acquisition and stewardship strategies that increase donor base, engagement and moves supporters of Make-A-Wish® Canada to increase their philanthropic investment in the organization’s work.
- Responsible for the overall vision and oversight for the development of donor communications and the design of promotional materials (i.e. dedicated website action pages, donor newsletter, Individual Giving advertising, directories, social media, stewardship letters, and brochures) to bring MAWC’s stories to life to inform donors of who we are, what we do and why we do it and how their donations helps.
- Develop and continuously monitor benchmarks and fundraising progress against KPIs and adjust strategies as required (i.e., enhance focus on high-net worth donors).
- Collaborate with leadership nationwide to identify new fundraising opportunities, streamline processes, grow fundraising channels, and evaluate and improve donor experience.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices among non-profits, more broadly, and in the commercial sector.
- Build, inspire, empower and lead a team of creative professionals in developing high-level strategies and narratives that shape Make-A-Wish® Canada’s individual giving and mass-market fundraising activities across the country.
- Ensure compliance with MAWC and global fundraising and brand performance standards, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Develop a strategy to utilize MAWC’s CRM to optimally drive donor activities for growth.
- Manage, engage, and retain qualified employees to meet business priorities.
- Provide support and direction in the development, alignment, and accomplishment of objectives through on-going performance feedback, recognition, and coaching.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for team members and relevant stakeholders. Ensure they work in compliance with The Occupational Health & Safety Act in applicable province of employment, its regulations, and the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Monitor department adherence to financial policies and controls. Determine expense projections as part of the budgeting and forecasting process. Authorize expenditures within approved guidelines. Monitor expenditures against budget and forecast and initiate appropriate remedial activity as required.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act in the applicable province of employment and its regulations and complies with the Foundation’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent education in business administration or related discipline.
- 10-15 years of philanthropic experience within a non-profit organization with a demonstrated track record of success in the areas of staff management, project management, goal setting, and revenue generation.
- Proven experience successfully leading an Individual Giving program with experience in direct response, and / or mid-level giving.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in digital fundraising/ marketing in positions of increasing responsibility - with a focus on digital fundraising where you've developed and executed a range of successful fundraising campaigns and identified emerging market trends.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in management/leadership, with a track record of developing high-performing teams and providing visionary and inspirational leadership.
- Possess a demonstrated track record of successful frontline fundraising in a complex, institutional setting with multiple stakeholders; managing change; and working across regions and with leadership.
- Experience with hands-on major gift and principal gift experience, including cultivation through solicitation and stewardship; success in securing gifts from both defined and undefined constituencies.
- Experience managing integrated campaigns across multiple channels: social media, paid search, organic search, display advertising, direct mail, email, et al.
- Experience evaluating and implementing technologies that drive donor engagement.
- Track record of leveraging innovative methods for fundraising.
- Required experience with at least two of online fundraising platforms, CRM systems (Salesforce), CPC/CPA Advertising (Google Ads), WordPress, social media platforms an asset.
- Proven success in leading strategic program/business growth through the creation and implementation of technology driven development programs.
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication and project management skills.
- Experience with design and execution of marketing materials.
- Ability to pioneer new territory and comfortable working in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to develop and execute data driven strategies to achieve measurable outcomes/results.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Fluency in French language skills and CFRE designation are assets.
- Office environment with occasional requirements to work outside of regular office hours to attend meetings/events within the community.
- Occasional day/overnight travel, this position may require travel outside local area to represent MAWC.
- Access to a reliable form of transportation is required to fulfil responsibilities of this position.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL EFFORT
- Works under pressure of tight deadlines, with high volume workload, and with multiple demands, changing priorities.
- Demonstrates emotional resiliency to be able to conduct cold-calls and continue to develop donor relations.
WHAT WE OFFER
Make-A-Wish® Canada offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact. We are committed to fostering a culture that aims to change lives, foster compassion and better humanity.
In return for your contributions, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume and cover letter stating salary expectations, and quoting the reference VP Individual Giving & Mass Market Fundraising, Posting AF008 in the subject line of the email by March 3, 2021, to:
Make-A-Wish® Canada Human Resources Department
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Make-A-Wish® Canada provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
JOIN OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
For more information on how you can support Make-A-Wish® Canada or get involved please visit our website at makeawish.ca.