Posted On: 2021-02-18
Closing On: 2021-03-05
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to tackle the pandemic and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding the team in philanthropy, events, communications, business intelligence and donor analytics in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
As we wrap up our $180 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for additional strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are prepared to change the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
The Data Analyst will report to the Director, Business Intelligence, and support departments across the Foundation. This position will be vital in providing the data to support analysis and drive growth revenue and engagement strategies.
- Engage collaboratively across the organization to help develop short- and long-term growth strategies based on database analysis, segmentation, and trends
- Review processes and make recommendation to improve data accuracy, quality, capture and tracking
- Creates custom queries and use tools to mine our data to drive decision making for communications, donor relations and revenue growth
- Provide relevant weekly/monthly (as appropriate) reporting on fundraising status and moves management
- Provide pre/post data analysis of fundraising and donor engagement campaigns/programs to inform future growth including but not limited to demographic information, giving trends, retention, etc.
- Support the Associate Director, Governance & Development Operations in improving the moves management process tracking, including but not limited to pipeline updates, coding, and action tracking
- Implement database tracking and dashboards for metrics and reporting to ensure progress is measured, evaluated, and continually improved
- Translate technical data into actionable and understandable insights
- Support of all Foundation departments in Raiser’s Edge activities including but not limited to importing, exporting, queries and reports, and ensuring accuracy
- Implementation of a training framework, as necessary, for Foundation staff, including relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain a technical knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and participate in professional development to ensure data tactics are following best practices
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to Information Technology/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration, Accounting, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in-depth Raiser’s Edge use
- Experience in health care philanthropy an asset
- Ability to perform both independently to produce in-depth analysis in a changing environment
- Ability to listen and interpret needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple demands while ensuring appropriate timelines and communications
- Strong analytical skills, with great attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate innovate strategies to support organizational goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by March 5, 2021. Please reference Data Analyst in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.