Posted On: 2021-02-18
Closing On: 2021-03-18
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a professional fundraiser with deep-rooted knowledge in annual fundraising and direct marketing? Do you love building relationships with donors and using data to make strategic decisions? Are you a strong project manager with a passion for making a difference?
Lakeridge Health Foundation is seeking a savvy fundraiser to join our team as the Manager, Annual Programs to take on a growing suite of programs including grateful patient, tribute, mid-level, monthly, direct mail, and telemarketing. Despite the challenges of COVID-19, our Foundation’s Annual Programs have thrived and a driven professional with the growth mindset to maintain that momentum is needed to join the Foundation team.
What you’ll be doing:
The Manager, Annual Programs will report to the Director, Marketing and Communications and is responsible for overseeing and executing the day-to-day functions of annual fund programs, including direct mail, telemarketing, monthly donors and grateful patients as well as the application of stewardship strategies for those donor groups. The Manager will be the main contact for all donors under $9,999 and will be responsible for maintaining and building relationships with key donors within the file such as monthly and mid-level constituents.
The Manager will play critical role in the strategic direction and implementation of the mid-level giving program (donors $1,000-9999) and will work closely and collaboratively with the Development team to bridge giving programs and provide a seamless donor experience.
Summary of duties:
- Manage the strategy and creative direction of all direct mail campaigns including overseeing vendors or internal resources for copywriting, design, data development and distribution
- Work closely with the Senior Officer, Digital Communications role to ensure seamless digital integration into all annual fundraising programs and support of Development programs
- Develop and integrate mid-level ($1,000-$9,999) giving strategies into annual fund programs that focus on personalized solicitations and customized stewardship opportunities with a goal of moving donors in, out and within the mid-level program
- Invigorate and manage the grateful patient and tribute giving programs
- Implement and oversee tele-marketing campaigns as they coordinate with direct mail and other annual campaigns
- Work with the Manager, Prospect Research and Insight to identify opportunities for pipeline movement in annual and mid-level donors
- With the Director, develop the annual fund budget and report on quarterly program metrics
- Collaborate with Manager, Planned Giving to align strategies for prospective or current planned giving donors
- Research and pursue new strategies to build annual fund programs through marketing, data mining and stewardship to increase retention and decrease attrition.
- Ensure and maintain Raiser’s Edge data accuracy and integrity in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures
What you bring to the position:
- a minimum of 8 years of experience in a professional fundraising organization
- advanced experience with fundraising database applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- demonstrated history of leading and growing revenue generating projects in a fundraising environment
- comprehensive experience running annual fundraising programs such as direct mail, telemarketing, digital fundraising, and direct marketing as well as building relationships with donors in those program groups
- proven project management success with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- superb relationship skills and proven track record of building and advancing donor relationships
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- able to work independently and effectively within a team environment as well as both in office and remotely
Your core competencies include:
- strong emotional intelligence and superb relationship skills for building and maintaining connections with donors
- ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- exceptional organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- positive interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others
- proven attention to detail and production of accurate, thorough and professional work
- excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adjust strategic approaches as required
- out-of-the-box and innovative thinker with a growth mindset to advance professionally and personally within the organization
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a new three-year strategic plan in place, the Foundation is embarking on an exciting path with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Who we are:
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift and annual fund programs, special events, third party initiatives and the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada .
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation, to assist with the selection process for the position of Manager, Annual Programs. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
- email@example.com. Please quote “Manager, Annual Programs” in the subject line of your email.
- The job posting will close on March 18, 2021 @ 12pm.
- No phone calls, please
- We thank all applicants in advance