Posted On: 2021-02-18
Closing On: 2021-03-18
Location: Oshawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Calling all digital experts, content creators and storytellers with a passion to grow an expanding digital fundraising program – your skills are needed at Lakeridge Health Foundation. We’re seeking a Senior Officer, Digital Communications to join our Marketing & Communications team to help lead and further integrate digital activities into all Foundation program to raise awareness and revenue for Lakeridge Health.
Are you an ambitious digital dynamo with superb communications skills? Do you have a passion for making an impact and have a proven track-record of building and managing online platforms that exceed expectations? Do you thrive managing multiple-projects in a dynamic and collaborative environment? This is the job for you.
What you’ll be doing:
The Senior Officer, Digital Communications will report to the Director, Marketing & Communications and be a key player in developing and executing strategies that grow the Foundation’s digital presence.
Working closely and collaboratively with their own team and those colleagues in the Development department, the Senior Officer will help to invigorate giving and stewardship programs with online resources to provide a seamless donor experience.
Summary of duties:
- Responsible for Foundation’s social media channels including crafting and scheduling content, growing audiences and creating new opportunities for relationship building in our online communities
- Run the email marketing program that currently includes monthly e-newsletter, e-appeals, invitations and surveys. Overseeing the import/export of information to and from the donor database
- Create and oversee online advertising including social media, Google ads and digital advertising locally and in the GTA
- Use graphic design skills to create captivating, on-brand visual assets
- Manage the Foundation’s websites and microsites by regularly updating content, designing new pages or sites as needed using the AKA Raisin or Kentico templates currently utilized
- Responsible for project management on any new digital projects from project initiation through to implementation, coordinating internal and external support and ensuring usability, accessibility, SEO and best practices
- Use digital tools to monitor, develop and report on metrics and analytics that lead to optimization of programs, improvements to user experience and support of strategic objectives
- Develop strategies for lead generation, donor acquisition, conversion, retention and engagement
- Support and collaborate with colleagues to ensure digital strategies are integrated with development activities such as events, third party initiatives, sponsorship, major gifts, planned giving and stewardship
- Research and pursue new strategies to build annual fund programs through digital marketing and data mining to increase awareness, retention and fundraising revenues
- Ensure and maintain Raiser’s Edge data accuracy and integrity in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures
What you bring to the position:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in digital marketing role, experience in a fundraising organization is an asset
- Expert level knowledge of managing social media channels, online community monitoring and maintaining websites
- Superb writing and storytelling skills with a knack for catchy captions, compelling content and taglines
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Manager, Google Adwords, and other prominent media platforms
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools, processes and Canada Anti-Spam Legislation
- Demonstrated history of leading and growing digital marketing projects from start to finish with positive results
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design best practices
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS, domain/hosting management and AODA compliance
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team environment as well as both in office and remotely
- Willingness to work flexible hours when needed, including some evenings or weekends related to Foundation events or online community management
Your core competencies include:
- Ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others
- Exemplary attention to detail and production of accurate, thorough and professional work
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills and ability to adjust strategic approaches as required
- Out-of-the-box and innovative thinker with a growth mindset to advance professionally and personally within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy, tact and good judgment
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a new three-year strategic plan in place, the Foundation is embarking on an exciting path ahead with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift and annual fund programs, special events, third party initiatives and the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada.
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation, to assist with the selection process for the position of Manager, Annual Programs. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Senior Officer Digital Communications” in the subject line of your email.
- The job posting will close on March 18, 2021 @ 12pm.
- No phone calls, please
- We thank all applicants in advance