Posted On: 2021-02-22
Closing On: 2021-03-03
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Faculty of Arts & Science is the heart of Canada’s leading university and one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in the world. The strength of Arts & Science derives from our combined teaching and research excellence in the humanities, sciences and social sciences across 29 departments, seven colleges and 46 interdisciplinary centres, institutes and programs.
We can only realize our mission with the dedication and excellence of engaged staff and faculty. The diversity of opportunities and perspectives within the Faculty reflect the local and global landscape and the need for curiosity, innovative thinking and collaboration. At Arts & Science, we take pride in our legacy of innovation and discovery that has changed the way we think about the world.
The Office of Advancement generates private-sector revenue to support the Faculty and its academic priorities. Through a range of programs and special initiatives, we raise awareness among current and prospective donors and volunteers regarding the importance of investing in the Faculty. Our office engages in cultivating and sustaining strong relationships with all stakeholders, including our accomplished alumni who are located in more than 190 countries.
The Senior Development Officer, Foundation and Corporate Development (SDO) will be part of a team working under the direction of the Director of Development. The incumbent will meet with key stakeholders, determine priorities for funding, identify corporate and foundation prospects to build a cultivation processes and solicitation strategies with based on Faculty’s priorities. Duties will include: meeting with donors to identify, cultivate and solicit for support and interest in the Faculty of Arts & Science; ensuring proper stewardships of major gifts; preparing call reports, proposals, progress reports and prospect correspondence; collaboratingwith other members of the University’s Advancement community to develop and execute strategies, and realize goals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing strategic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans
- Conducting detailed analysis and evaluation to determine trends/patterns and make recommendations to senior university officials
- Identifying prospective donors and aligning themto key priorities
- Writing detailed analytical profiles/research documents for senior development officers to inform decision making and strategy development
- Conducting advanced research and analysis from a variety of sources to provide detailed background data on donors
- Cultivating and soliciting current and prospective major gift donors through tailored stewardship programs
- Identifying, fostering and maintaining relationships with donors and prospects in support of the University's priorities
- Generating standard financial reports
- Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Six to seven years of relevant experience related to grant proposals, grant writing and managing projects
- Demonstrated experience successfully cultivating relationships with large corporations and foundations
- Experience in a senior staff fundraising role with a proven trackrecord of success
- Experience preparing and writing donor reports
- Demonstrated understanding of the Faculty of Arts and Science and the University of Toronto
- Demonstrated experience using a database such as ARBOR
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, database software and spread sheet programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, ARBOR)
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Closing Date: 03/03/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 16 -- $88,643 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $113,359. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Carol Kayitaba
Interested candidates please apply online.