Posted On: 2021-03-16
Closing On: 2021-04-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Manager- Community Partnerships & Stewardship, the Officer -Community Partnerships & Stewardship plays a key role ensuring that Holland Bloorview sets best practices for engagement and fundraising.
This is an opportunity to join a unique, high-performing team of colleagues that work together to create acceptance of childhood disability, awareness and philanthropy in support of Holland Bloorview.
About our Foundation
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability. Established in 1996 to inspire community interest and raise funds in support of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, our focus is to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $15 million dollars annually for Holland Bloorview and supports the areas of research, quality of life programming, capacity building and client and family-centred care. It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team has embarked on our next chapter with fresh strategies to inspire community interest and raise funds to help Holland Bloorview create a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
Base Salary: $60,000
- Manage a portfolio of Community Events, including our successful Run Program
- Manage stewardship program for Philanthropy and Partnerships team
- Work closely with Manager, Community Partnerships & Stewardship with Evening of Possibility logistics
- Identify and secure new community events/fundraisers by researching opportunities, providing well-written proposals, conducting tours, delivering presentations at meetings and making appropriate and meaningful introductions to members of the community
- Stay up to date on latest tech trends when it comes to hosting Virtual Events
- Cultivate and steward existing relationships with community fundraisers to build strong and growing support for Holland Bloorview
- Represent the Foundation at events as a spokesperson delivering key messaging, including the impact of philanthropy and the needs of the Hospital (in person or virtual)
- With the Manager, Community Partnerships & Stewardship, develop annual revenue and expense targets for fundraising events and initiatives. Be accountable for established targets and provide quarterly variance analysis on relevant financial lines and forecast updates.
- Ensure Foundation and CRA guidelines are being followed
- Ensure all relevant information pertaining to fundraising events, community initiatives, fundraising organizers and contacts and proposals are recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database
- Post secondary education
- Minimum 2 years experience in Event Planning
- Experience with hosting Zoom meetings and/or events
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database is preferred
- Experience with online donation platform, preferably Engaging Networks
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational and time management skills, detail oriented and work well in teams
- Excellent telephone etiquette, presentation skills and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of accessible practices in event delivery
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as required
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of donors
- Highly flexible, ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- A positive, can-do attitude
To apply, please visit https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities