Posted On: 2021-03-16
Closing On: 2021-04-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Manager of Leadership Giving to join our team in this new position and to support the planning and execution of major gift fundraising within the Central Canada (Ontario) region.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Support the development strategies for JDRF’s Campaign to Accelerate in the Central Canada region, including major gifts fundraising planning, ownership of financial target, regular reporting of activity against target, and developing plans to meet target
- Develop and implement strategies to increase revenue of major gift giving among existing and potential donors and partners
- Successful moves management activity that results in retention and migration of current portfolio
- Grow and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects through the development of cultivation and solicitation plans to close major gifts ($5,000-$100,000)
- Build meaningful connections with qualified prospects that result in new and diverse revenue streams
- Implement creative strategies and quality stewardship that inspires donors to make multi-year commitment and/ or stretch gifts
- Collaborate with a team of major gift professionals to identify and qualify prospects and build appropriate strategies to capture giving potential
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence
- Support development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for donor, advisor and community foundations meetings
- Establish a detailed 12-month plan to engage and cultivate assigned prospects
- Ensure CRM is up-to-date with all donor activity and opportunities
- Build trust and partnership with regional staff to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Regularly report on progress of campaign plan achievement and variances as requested ensuring timely communication to staff and major gift volunteers
- Support the achievement of the annual fundraising goal and JDRF’s Campaign to Accelerate goals
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline and a minimum 5 years’ progressive leadership experience in senior fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to identify leadership giving opportunities
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to grow major gift program by moving quickly on opportunities
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of JDRF to the community at large both verbally and in all forms of written communication
- Understanding of type 1 diabetes or auto immune conditions and the process of peer reviewed research is an asset
- Experience building consensus and achieving results in a complex business environment
- Ability to quickly build trust with volunteers
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to manage key relationships with donors, corporate partners, staff, and volunteers
- The ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with great listening and empathy skills and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Resourceful and organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers and stakeholders as needed (approx. 30%); a Valid Driver’s License is required
Location: Preferred location is Toronto/GTA; All JDRF employees are currently working remotely from home due to Covid-19 restrictions and safety precautions and will continue until it is safe to return to the office environment.
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online today! This position will remain posted until filled.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.