Posted On: 2021-03-19
Closing On: 2021-04-09
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is a national fundraising organization committed to improving the lives of vulnerable children in Canada. Our initiatives meet the immediate and urgent needs of at risk children and youth, and afford them a brighter future that, ultimately, strengthens our communities. With more than 300,000 children at risk of abuse and neglect in Canada, our support is critical in giving them hope, confidence and opportunity.
The Foundation has an ambitious agenda for growth and is currently executing a $75M Stand Up For Kids- Futures Transformed Campaign, which will bring long term growth and funding stability to important child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a dynamic and highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Officer, Corporate and Community Partnerships will increase revenue received mostly from community donors. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate & Community Partnerships and working closely with the Sr. Events Officer and other members of the Development team, the Development Officer will assist in the management and identification of new fundraising opportunities for community initiatives and corporate donations. The role will also oversee timely stewardship of community donors and coordination of volunteer opportunities. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial, results oriented, and a strong relationship manager who is passionate about creating more resources for underserved children and youth.
Revenue Generation- 60%
- Personally manage and grow a portfolio of corporate and community donors ($500 to $50K) conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Work with Director, Corporate and Community Partnerships and Manager Corporate and Community Partnerships to identify new opportunities, develop cultivation strategies and conduct introductory calls/visits with prospects
- Provide support to groups who fundraise for the Foundation through 2nd and 3rd party events
- Support the implementation of the Foundation’s Holiday Campaign including management of the Holiday Campaign Committee with support from Manager, Corporate and Community Partnerships
- Work with volunteers and staff to secure support for the Foundation’s events
- Develop strategies and support the growth of workplace giving programs
- Develop and deliver new Peer to Peer fundraising strategies (e.g. toolkits/programs) to make the Foundation marketable to untapped demographics
- Act as an Ambassador/Community liaison and attend events as required (when Covid restrictions are lifted)
Donor Relations Management- 20%
- Manage the Community Partnerships stewardship plan, and ensure timely execution of donor stewardship activities such as thank you letters, E-blasts etc.
- Support corporate partnerships’ activation or stewardship activities
- Prepare donor correspondence, proposals, meeting briefs, and call notes
- Work with the marketing team to develop and enhance stewardship and recognition tools aimed at community donors
- Coordinate event volunteer opportunities for corporate teams
Donor Database Administration-10%
- Ensure donor files are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with Raiser’s Edge operating policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration Coordinator, complete regular RE data pulls required by the Community & Corporate Partnerships team, ensuring data is captured effectively and ensuring lists are clean
- Working with the Development Team, contribute to annual and campaign fundraising strategy and planning
- Research, identify and create cultivation plans for new community donors
Competencies and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Experience managing and growing a fundraising portfolio composed of corporate and/or community donors
- A proven track record in developing and securing strategic business development opportunities and securing sponsorships or cause-related marketing initiatives would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge (data entry, data maintenance, and database administration skills)
- Good skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of charitable sector experience, or transferable experience of a business development role
- Proven track record of securing revenue
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Occasional evenings and weekends during busy periods
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods
CAFC provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
CAFC provides a comprehensive benefits package including extended health, four weeks’ vacation and membership in a defined benefit pension plan.
Note that currently as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, CAFC staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the CAFC offices, located in downtown Toronto
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, April 6, 2021. Please quote “DOCommunity2021” in the subject line of your e-mail. Applicants will only be contacted if an interview is being requested.