Posted On: 2021-03-22
Closing On: 2021-04-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Trinity College is a vibrant and diverse academic community with a rich history and excellent local and international reputation. Since its founding in 1851, the College has valued and fostered a high level of academic achievement with approximately 2,000 registered students, 450 of whom live at the College. Trinity College is comprised of spectacular historic buildings, and is among the smallest and most prestigious on the St. George Campus of the University of Toronto. Trinity’s campus currently consists of four main buildings and is located in the central Toronto downtown core, steps from the Bloor-St. George subway and Queen’s Park. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated leader to bring coordination and oversight to a diverse range of communications and engagement activities at the College.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Alumni Engagement, the Communications and Alumni Engagement Officer is responsible for managing and executing strategic communication and engagement opportunities to alumni, donors, volunteers and friends of the College. This will include broad-based communication activities such as newsletters, web sites and print materials as well as events organized to celebrate and steward Trinity alumni.
This position will work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to help broaden and strengthen the donor community of the College, supporting the advancement priorities of the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs which special focus on the Living Trinity Campaign.
General Communications (approx. 70%)
- Provide excellent written content that effectively communicates key programming priorities and messaging.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the Living Trinity e-newsletter produced approximately six to eight times per year.
- Strategize and collaborate with faculty and staff to develop interesting and exciting content showcasing people, programs and activities of the College.
- Responsible for the execution of all departmental e-communications in collaboration with members of the Development and Alumni team including but not limited to e-solicitations, event announcements, Reunion and event activities, and special news items (approx. 35 per year).
- Responsible for the management of the alumni e-mail distribution list and all activities related to MailChimp for all communications activities.
- Develop new content and maintain departmental web pages on the College website, Trinity Magazine and Living Trinity Campaign websites.
- Oversee the inventory and development of all departmental print materials.
- Manage and coordinate print projects (quotes, design, print) to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Create and maintain presence on all Alumni social media platforms.
- Manage and maintain the Graduway platform in consultation with staff, department heads and the Alumni Executive.
- Support the Trinity magazine publication, produced up to three times per year (print/electronic) with circulation of 15,000+ alumni, including where necessary, writing, research, copy editing, proofreading, soliciting, articles, website maintenance, etc.
Development and Alumni Engagement (approx. 30%)
- Participate and support the organization of events (in-person and virtual). This includes event production and all communication activities related to alumni groups.
- Produce various forms of donor recognition to steward the College’s donors. This may include donor walls and physical recognition, awards, and reports in different media.
- Develop and design donor proposals for major gift prospects as required.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance of key communication pieces such as the Living Trinity Case for Support, campaign materials and document templates, and the College and Living Trinity website.
- Support various stewardship activities and initiatives as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Five (5+) years related experience preferably in an educational environment.
- Experience implementing strategic marketing and communications plans.
- Demonstrated superior writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and creative self-starter capable of managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Editorial and publication production experience; experience in communications working with both traditional and new media.
- Digital marketing communications experience.
- Extensive experience using the following platforms: CMS, WordPress, MailChimp, Social Media, Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing software).
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sensitivity toward alumni, donors, partners, students and faculty, especially with respect to how they are featured in news articles, media releases and other communications.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to high level of ethical standards in utilizing donor and student information and to confidentiality legislation (e.g. FIPPA).
- Strong desire to acquiring new technical skills and knowledge.
- A collaborative, service oriented, creative and innovative thinker; attuned to the academic culture and sensitive to issues that may be controversial or politically charged; understanding of and commitment to diversity; tact and diplomacy.
Submit resume and covering letter to: link Only applications with both cover letters and resumes and submitted through Trinity’s online application system will be considered.
Job Posting: March 19, 2021
Applications will be accepted to: April 5, at 5:00 p.m.
Classification & Hiring Range: Administrative: 09N: Hiring Range: $62,000 - $74,000, Broadband Salary Range $58,119 - $78,627.
Trinity College is a federated university in the University of Toronto and offers excellent employment opportunities with exceptional benefits. The College is a culturally diverse community that sustains a tradition of academic excellence and provides a vibrant and welcoming community of students, faculty, alumni and staff.
Trinity College is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity. If you need this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.