Posted On: 2021-03-24
Closing On: 2021-04-12
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to tackle the pandemic and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with the #1 community hospital in Canada, one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada and top 60 worldwide (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well-being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding the team in philanthropy, events, communications, business intelligence and donor analytics in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
As we wrap up our $180 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for additional strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are prepared to change the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
A key role in the organization, the Manager, Events is responsible for the planning and execution of our signature events. The Manager will have revenue responsibility and accountability for overall financial targets for each new or existing event in addition to building, managing, and soliciting their own prospect pool. The Manager will develop short-term strategies and a long-term vision for revenue growth by providing an enhanced, memorable, and unique event experience. Driven by marketplace trends and research, the Manager will also develop new event ideas to increase revenue and extend the North York General brand in the community. This Manager will report to the VP, Philanthropy and Strategy and will manage one direct report including recruitment and retention, performance management, professional development and establishing and supporting the achievement of shared fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute strategies for current and future Foundation signature events to enhance profile, increase revenue, maximize support, meet, or exceed budget goals and enhance overall event experience
- Manage (cultivate, solicit, steward) a portfolio of 50+ individual and corporate event donors/sponsors and proactively prospect for new event partners
- Contribute to the annual business plan and budget through the development of strategies, tactics, and metrics to support organizational goals
- Recruit, manage and inspire the signature event committees comprising community and leadership volunteers
- Oversee adherence to all donor/sponsorship benefits, recognition pre, during and post event(s)
- Contribute to the Philanthropy team on both revenue and donor engagement strategies, with event participants/donors/sponsors
- Manage and monitor event budgets to ensure appropriate cost per dollar
- Supported by the MARCOM team, lead initiatives to market and promote events in the community
- Supported by the Donor Experience team, lead and coordinate the creation and dissemination of all annual/impact and stewardship reports for all event donors/sponsors
- Oversight for all special event activity to be promptly and accurately recorded in Raisers’ Edge throughout the donor/sponsor journey
- Manage relationships with all vendors/consultants
- Drive the research for new events as required to supplement or replace existing events depending on marketplace trends, ROI, etc.
- Work with the Director, Business Intelligence to conduct pre and post event analysis to determine metrics to support future event planning
- Oversee and contribute to the development of process and procedures around data capture, including tracking of sponsors and opportunities for growth in the sales funnel
Minimum Education Required
- Undergraduate degree and/or Hospitality related diploma
- 5-7 years’ experience in a not-for-profit setting, preferably in health care
- Proven track record of developing and executing $1m+ high end event, planning and executing prestigious golf tournaments
- Large-scale community run/walks (desired)
- Demonstrated experience in virtual events, utilizing a digital platform
- Business planning/budgeting acumen
- Highly demonstrated ability to manage, supervise and interact in the utmost professional manner with direct reports, leadership volunteers, hospital staff, consultants, and vendors
- Experience with a leading CRM program a must, with preference for Raiser’s Edge
- Strong customer service-oriented approach, complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing up and across an organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, etc.)
- Developing and evolving systems around Raiser's Edge for events
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by April 12th, 2021. Please reference Manager, Events in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.