Posted On: 2021-03-26
Closing On: 2021-04-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of 24-7 services to about 300 young people each day.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
More than a place to stay, we provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals. We offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skill development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute almost 80 per cent of our $33 million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services. Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people.
In this role the candidate will report to the Associate Director, Development and is responsible for generating strategies and growing Covenant House’s five signature events and community fundraising. You well lead a staff of 3 people who are responsible for the operations of the events while your experience as a marketer will build and heighten the visibility and brand of our events to attract more participants and partnerships. You are a motivated, objective driven individual who can develop and strengthen Covenant House’s relationships with participants, donors, sponsors and volunteers to achieve annual fundraising targets. You are looking for a challenge and will play a critical role in taking our events to the next level. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is needed.
- Works with the Associate Director to develop long term objectives for all events in keeping with the department’s strategic direction
- Manage annual plans and budgets to support the strategic vision for the department
- Implement strategies for optimizing revenue raised through internally managed events and community fundraising
- Key point person in liaising with multiple stakeholder audiences – corporate partners, committee chairs and internal department heads
- Support and manage volunteers to leverage relationships
- Oversee all research, logistic and work back schedules needed for events
- Implement “sales” work with the Associate Director to implement current recognition program and ensure that donors and prospects are stewarded appropriately
- Manage, track and report metrics and success criteria for marketing programs and activities
- Support the building of onboarding, engagement and retention programs, product launches, digital marketing, distributor/partnership marketing, brand and customer communications
- Liaise with sponsors to insure their needs are met
- Develop personalized sponsorship reports for main sponsors
- Distribute cultivation and stewardship materials in a planned manner
- Recruits, trains, evaluates and disciplines staff as required
- Meets regularly with staff for status updates
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience managing large $1M+, multi-faceted and complex events
- Demonstrated experience with virtual events
- University/college degree or equivalent in fundraising or event management
- Demonstrated success in achieving fundraising targets and deadlines within established budgets
- Experience working with and managing volunteer committees
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
- Proven track record in writing successful proposals
- Proficient in MS Office and knowledge of peer to peer software and Raiser’s Edge would be beneficial
- Effective and collaborative team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong negotiation/persuasive skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills
What we offer:
- Meaningful work.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Days, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement and more)
- Paid vacation time.
- Employee perks
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (please include cover letter in the same document as the resume) https://covenanthouse.applytojob.com/ by April 16, 2021. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Covenant House Toronto we believe in a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful and safe for all staff. It is critical to Covenant House Toronto success to eliminate barriers and promote the inclusion of equity groups. Equity groups have been, and continue to be, underrepresented and marginalized in the workforce, leadership roles, and in some specific occupations. Equity groups include but may not be limited to Indigenous persons, racialized people, gender diverse people, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policy on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Covenant House recruitment process.