Posted On: 2021-03-31
Closing On: 2021-04-12
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: Spring 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are a group of awesome humans who collect more awesome humans who want to spend time with other awesome humans, while together we all work hard, collaborate, make a difference, create sustainable impact, laugh, achieve, and grow together. As an organization we are person-centered with a unique culture rooted in connection, innovation, openness, transparency, and integrity.
We are seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial and growth-minded leader who is creative, innovative, and loves to rise to a good challenge. You will lead our department of development and communications to $2M in 3 years which will enable us to serve 5,000 young people each year. You will work closely and collaboratively with the programs team to promote a synergistic culture. One of your first critical steps will be to build your team by hiring another awesome human. You will report to the President & CEO, sit on and work collaboratively with our Senior Leadership Team, and oversee the work of one direct report, with administrative support from the Executive Administrator.
In its 25th year, DAREarts is a nationally scoped organization that works in underserved communities across Canada to help young people thrive through the provision of leadership development through arts-based education.
Some things you might find yourself doing in your role:
- Lots of corporate funder stewardship
- Strategizing revenue growth within corporate sectors, private foundations, government funding, and individual giving
- Enjoying some fresh air mid-day
- Writing grants
- Digital campaigns
- Developing and implementing fun, and purposeful employee engagement strategies for corporate funders
- Chatting with colleagues about your weekend
- Event management
- Brand elevation
- Social media & digital communications
- Attending a ‘staff check-in’ to play games on Jackbox lead by our in-house games enthusiast (also our National Program Manager)
- Government relations
- Strategizing outreach and strategic partnerships
Some new exciting projects coming down the pipe that will fall under your per-view:
- The launch of a new brand
- A nation-wide alumni search campaign (20,000 participants over the past 25 years)
- The implementation of a new KPI system guided by our strategic plan and Balance Scorecard
- The development and implementation of a brand/revenue growth strategy that will deliver on revenue growth from $1.1M to $2M in 3 years
- Scoping, developing, and executing on a three year plan to diversify revenue to include a fee-for-service social enterprise model that will make up 30-40% of revenue for the organization
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT TO WORK IN THIS ROLE AND WORK WITH OUR TEAM IF YOU ARE:
- Friendly, focused, positive, inclusive, and motivated by our mission and vision
- An innovator with the ability to create a vision and execute on a plan to achieve it
- Goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and flexible (and I don’t mean the ability to touch your toes)
- A well-rounded professional, specialized in: corporate funding and partnership, marketing, events strategy, digital communications, and grants
- An expert in relationship management and donor stewardship
- Confident delivering pitches to small and large corporate teams of executives
- Experienced in developing and executing sophisticated data-driven and robust appeals and campaigns
- Someone who sees the big picture, can think strategically, and make connections across various departments in order to achieve goals
- 3-5+ years in a senior management position
- Demonstrated results of growth-oriented projects
- Strong track record as a leader
- A proven track-record in new revenue generation
- Project management experience an asset
- Expert knowledge of PR an asset
- A passion for what we do and how we do it
Compensation is made up of a base salary and a competitive bonus structure. We care about the mental health and wellbeing of our team, as such all DAREarts employees receive equal vacation to the tune of 5 weeks annually + 1 week over Christmas + summer hours. DAREarts offers a comprehensive health plan, superb flexibility, and a great place to work!
Please send your cover letters and resumes to Lori COllinge at email@example.com.
Start date: Spring 2021
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DAREarts is an equal opportunity employer.
DAREarts values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.