Are you passionate about healthcare philanthropy and working with donors to inspire and support their personal legacy giving plans? Are you a strategic thinker who likes a challenge and looks for opportunities to work with others to achieve measureable results? Do you thrive in an active, fast- paced fundraising environment? Do you have an eye for detail with exceptional organizational skills to deliver the best donor experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to stretch your skills and learn new ones? Do you get excited about a professional growth opportunity with a dynamic, growth focused, forward thinking foundation?
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation has an exciting new opportunity for the right individual to advance their career as our Planned Giving Officer while raising much needed funds to help deliver leading edge care close to home for our communities of York and South Simcoe Regions.
The Planned Giving Officer will report to the Associate Director, Philanthropy, and work to develop personal relationships with planned giving prospects and donors. The Officer is responsible for the donor program administration of the Planned Giving Program, the stewardship of existing legacy donors, and increasing the planned giving pipeline by building relationships with donors who are interested in planned gift opportunities. While building a strong and successful revenue stream for the Foundation through planned giving, the Planned Giving Officer will be donor-centric and focused on securing new expectancies. The successful candidate has a strong record of past fundraising success, is knowledgeable of the York Region and South Simcoe communities, and is passionate about engaging with donors about legacy giving.
Duties and responsibilities:
Planned Giving Donor Acquisition (50%)
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive legacy giving marketing plan
- Develop and maintain Planned Giving promotional materials and communications
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Philanthropy, develop and execute acquisition campaigns
- Assist in coordinating information about planned giving for inclusion in Foundation communications
- Respond and engage with donors making inquiries about legacy giving in a timely manner and record, track and monitor communication and follow-up details
- In consultation with other Philanthropy Staff, develop and implement tailored solicitation strategies for prospects/donors interested in bequests, life insurance, securities, and similar instruments for legacy giving
- Monitor the internal and external environment for new acquisition opportunities
Develop and manage a portfolio of Planned Giving donors (30%)
- Manage relationships with donors who have included Southlake in their estate plans
- Analyze donor information and create stewardship plans
- Develop relationships with legacy donors through personal visits and other communications
- Plan, coordinate, and execute annual Legacy Circle donor stewardship events in coordination with the Stewardship Officer
- Monitor and evaluate donor engagement, cultivation, recognition and stewardship strategies
Program Administration (20%)
- Maintain an administration system using Raiser’s Edge to facilitate the moves management strategy, create reports, and keep records of donor interactions and communications
- Monitor the process for each estate and work closely with VP, Finance and Operations on estate administration updating and monitoring donor files for received and future gifts
- Administer communication with law offices for estate files and for legacy donors including letters, agreements, email communication and other communications as required
- With the Associate Director, Philanthropy, participate in annual planning and budgeting for the Program
- Contribute to ongoing development of the Planned Giving Program through analysis, reporting, and creative problem solving
- Maintain knowledge of federal and provincial estate, trust and tax laws that impact planned giving
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving efficiency in all aspects of the administration of the Program
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Allied Professionals within the catchment area
- Identify trends in personal donor portfolio and philanthropy generally and respond appropriately
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field such as fundraising, accounting, financial planning, legal, or insurance
- Minimum of 3 years directly relevant experience in planned giving. Previous experience in Hospital Foundation an asset
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate the case for legacy giving to donors and prospective donors
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong administrative skills with advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail
- Flexible, collaborative and supportive of colleagues to achieve team success
- Exceptional initiative, inferential, analytical and problem solving skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Professional maturity and ability to manage confidential information and exercise good judgement
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including a benefits package that with a defined-benefit pension program. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates please apply online.