Posted On: 2021-03-31
Closing On: 2021-04-23
Location: Brampton, ON
Effective: May 2021 or as mutually agreed
Employment Type: Full-Time
WHO ARE WE?
The William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) builds and fosters relationships within the community to raise funds to support the equipment and capital needs of Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness. It's a big job, because we fundraise for a big community that’s growing. The William Osler Health System covers an area with over 1.3 million people, and our community is one of the most culturally-rich, ethnically diverse and fastest-growing areas in Canada.
At the Osler Foundation, we exceed our fundraising goals with ‘best in class’ and innovative fundraising strategies and tactics. Our team has heart—we work together to get the job done and we have fun while doing it. We are committed to supporting our employees, through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging.
Osler Foundation values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us through your application.
WHAT IS THE ROLE?
JOB TITLE: Senior Coordinator, Community Giving
REPORTING TO: Director, Community Giving
LOCATION: Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness, with periodic travel to Brampton Civic and Etobicoke General Hospital
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Senior Coordinator, Community Giving, is an exciting and challenging role for a mid-level fundraiser, looking to grow and gain experience in health care fundraising. The Senior Coordinator, Community Giving, is primarily responsible for driving new revenue through community events, annual giving programs employee giving as well as tribute and grateful patient programs. This role is also responsible for taking an active role providing support for third party peer to peer fundraising, ensuring activation of sector best practices and revenue generation. As a member of the Community Giving team, the individual will also support event execution of Osler’s Signature Events, like our popular Holi Gala, Benefit Concert and Brampton Golf Tournament.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but not limited to)
- Working with the Director, Community Giving, to contribute to the development and execution of strategies for Osler Foundation’s, new third party events, signature events, sponsorships proposals, tribute and grateful patient programs
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new sponsors and participants and upgrading existing sponsors for signature events
- Attending events in the community and organized by Osler Foundation as required
- Coordinating and executing the development and implementation of various fundraising projects for the Osler Foundation
- Leading the Employee Giving Campaign by managing the internal committee and executing quarterly events
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team
- Identifying, recruiting, and motivating volunteer event committee members
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new community events
- Identifying opportunities for working with community event organizers to help enhance their events through Osler Foundation’s community fundraising channels.
- Maintaining positive internal and external relationships
- Working well in a team, and helping to facilitate internal coordination of fundraising activities
- Donor and sponsor management, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to the mission and vision of William Osler Health System (Osler) and the Osler Foundation
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- Three years of recent related experience
- Specific experience and proven results in developing new business opportunities in the community
- Experience working with diverse communities – a second language is an asset
- Volunteer management skills
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in using on-line fundraising platforms such as Luminate Online, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in budget management and monitoring
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
- Holds a current drivers license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF or Word document, addressed to Shelagh Barry, Director, Community Giving and email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Senior Coordinator, Community Giving
Deadline: Friday, April 23rd, 2021
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.