Appointment Type: 2 year contract
Classification & Hiring Range: Administrative 7N: Hiring Range: $46,664 - $55,000, Broadband Salary Range $46,664 - $63,194.
Reports to: Director, Development
Trinity College is a vibrant and diverse academic community with a rich history and excellent local and international reputation. Since its founding in 1851, the College has valued and fostered a high level of academic achievement with some 2,000 currently registered students, 450 of whom live at the College. Trinity College grounds comprise spectacular historic buildings, and the College is among the smallest and most prestigious colleges on the St. George Campus of the University of Toronto. Trinity’s campus currently consists of four main buildings and is located in the central Toronto downtown core, steps from the Bloor-St. George subway and Queen’s Park.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Development & Alumni Affairs, and reporting to the Director, Development, the Coordinator, Development is responsible for providing support to Trinity College’s Living Trinity Campaign and general development activities. The incumbent will work collaboratively with development team members to meet and further revenue goals for the College.
- Support development team members, senior leadership and volunteers by coordinating meetings and calls with prospective and current donors and other meeting materials, as required
- Provide general support to Development staff, including materials coordination, preparing solicitation/acquisition mailings, and reporting, as required
- Assist with proposal development for major gift solicitations
- Coordinate the identification and tracking of new prospects and assist in developing tailored donor cultivation programs
- Report generation from ARBOR database and donations tracking for staff and volunteers
- Coordinate intake of donations at the $25,000+ level, working with the development team to ensure gifts are processed and documented appropriately
- Ensure donors are stewarded and recognized in a timely manner in accordance with gift agreements, contracts and policies. This includes but is not limited to: writing correspondence for various signatories; preparing pledge reminders and financial information; recognition in electronic and print materials; physical recognition such as donor walls and plaques; and when relevant, coordinating efforts with the University of Toronto
- Generate/gather reports, lists, and other materials needed for stewardship reports
- Collaborate with development team members to develop and plan events that involve Trinity College’s donors and alumni
- Provide support to four committees, including meeting coordination, preparing reports, meeting materials, taking minutes and executing follow up as required
- Work with relevant team members to coordinate email blasts using Mailchimp, including list management
- Maintain relationships with colleagues across University of Toronto’s faculties and divisions and the Division of University Advancement to stay informed of best practices, and to facilitate donor relations for complex constituents
Post-Secondary Graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of experience in fund development, fundraising, and/or administration
- Experience working in an association or not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to provide support in fund development activities in the not-for-profit sector and in fund development planning
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with a variety of key stakeholders including members, colleagues, volunteers, board of directors, etc.
- Superior writing skills
- Experience with databases and/or CRMs, including extracting reports, list and data manipulation
- Event planning experience
- Experience with minute taking an asset
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of content creation for social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is considered an asset
Normal daytime hours of work Monday to Friday
Occasional requirement for overtime or to be on-call evenings and/or weekends if special events are taking place.
Submit resume and covering letter to: https://secure.trinity.utoronto.ca/Resume/?Stream=Coordinator%20Development Only applications with both cover letters and resumes in one PDF file and submitted through Trinity’s online application system will be considered.
Job Posting: March 31, 2021
Applications will be accepted to: April 14, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
Trinity College is a federated university in the University of Toronto and offers excellent employment opportunities with exceptional benefits. The College is a culturally diverse community that sustains a tradition of academic excellence and provides a vibrant and welcoming community of students, faculty, alumni and staff.
Trinity College is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity. If you need this job posting in an alternative format or if you require accommodation measures, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.