Are you an influential communicator? Someone who enjoys building relationships with donors? Do you want to work for an amazing cause at a successful national charity? Are you looking for an exciting role with the ability to make a difference in people’s lives?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960 and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada.
This role will provide stewardship, communications, and administrative support to the Leadership Giving portfolio which includes individuals, foundation, and corporate partners. The role is designed to give the team the resources and capacity to considerably grow the revenue from this area by implementing consistent best in practice stewardship policies, communications, and recognition.
Working closely with the Director - Leadership Giving, the Development Officer - National Stewardship & Communications Specialist will execute the strategic stewardship program for the organization as well as collaborate with other Fund Development colleagues to produce stories, articles, email copy, social media content, gift proposals, cases for support, concept papers, stewardship materials, and other written communications for a wide array of donor audiences.
The role is responsible for planning, reviewing, completing, reporting on, and contributing to a portfolio of donors to ensure the continued success and growth of fundraising efforts through stewardship and well communicated efforts to the donors.
In all relevant areas, the Officer will be expected to act proactively and critically, analyze, evaluate, and find innovative ways to improve processes and procedures to ensure stewardship and communication to donors across the entire organization is consistent and carried out. The incumbent is an excellent writer with attention to detail, who understands the importance of moves management especially as it relates to stewardship.
This position will report to the Director, Leadership Giving and will support the National Office Team located in Toronto. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all employees of Cystic Fibrosis Canada are currently working remotely. Following COVID, the candidate can work remotely, however might be required to work out of the National Office in Toronto occasionally.
- Monitor, track, and reconcile stewardship activity including acknowledgment letters and donor communications, maintaining current and complete records in Raisers Edge.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure acknowledgment materials are entered into the database in a timely fashion.
- Produce and maintain metrics reports on acknowledgments and other stewardship output.
- Help develop strategic and tactical plans for a national donor stewardship and recognition program.
- Partner closely with Fund Development team members to perform a broad range of stewardship functions related to mid and major donors.
- Help develop and execute on innovative stewardship solutions for donor constituency including special projects, stewardship reports, recognition, and acknowledgement.
- Ensure the donor journey and experience is well defined process, tracked accordingly and ultimately deepens the relationship with donor through a series of stewardship tactics.
- Identify and implement appropriate donor cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship for the mid-level, major donor and planned giving segments.
- Identify and implement appropriate donor cultivation, acknowledgement, and stewardship for the mid-level annual giving group.
- Oversee and collaborate on creative design, messaging and data segmentation for solicitations (i.e. mailings, online giving, onsite event activation) and the appropriate stewardship with each solicitation.
- Work closely with Direct Mail Giving and Leadership Giving to move donors up and assist in the cultivation of potential major donors and planned giving prospects.
- Work with the finance and/or Revenue Processing teams to resolve and/or develop creative solutions to donations, donor requests and maintenance of donor records.
- Maintain donor records in the database and ensure timely entry of activities.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement and uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities.
- Field inquiries via telephone, correspondence and email.
- Craft messages for donors at every stage of the philanthropic experience: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation.
- Assist in the timely creation and delivery of stewardship proposals and reporting for funders (major, mid-level, planned giving and foundation donors).
- Prepare donation and grant acknowledgement letters.
- Actively engage in all aspects of the writing process with close attention to detail—including research, writing, and editing.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Execute mass communications via email tools for stewardship and solicitation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3- 5 years’ related work experience in fundraising in a not-for-profit setting.
- Completion of post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in fundraising.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and an aptitude for database systems.
- Excellent writing and strong telling skills.
- Previous experience working with CRM platforms a strong asset, especially Blackbaud Products.
- Experience in a health charity or working with individuals with a terminal illness.
- Ability to speak and/or write in French an asset Experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to a diverse workload.
- High attention to detail required.
- Ability to maintain accurate, timely and complete documentation and electronic records for each event/program.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality.
- Discretion, compassion, and emotional resilience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Development Officer, National Stewardship & Communications Specialist in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
*Note: All job postings will be open a minimum 5 business days from the date of posting.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.