Posted On: 2021-04-05
Closing On: 2021-04-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: May 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Director, Stewardship & Donor Relations
Position: Full Time
Reports to: AVP, Campaign Communications & Stewardship
Location: Toronto, ON (temporarily remote due to covid-19)
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically-driven world?
You have solid administrative skills with significant expertise in project management and coordination. You have the interpersonal and managerial skills to develop and deliver a complex stewardship program within a dynamic national, comprehensive campaign. You will have a demonstrated ability to write persuasively as well as have extensive knowledge of fundraising and stewardship communications. In addition, you must have excellent reporting and writing skills, analytical and marketing skills and knowledge and experience with digital media to deliver engaging, virtual stewardship and recognition opportunities.
Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game changers and help fuel that journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Does this sound like you? If so, then keep reading…
The Director, Stewardship and Donor Relations is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Advancement Department’s core donor stewardship programs and services that seek to foster a culture of accountability, service and appreciation to the organizations donors. The Director manages and evolves an integrated system designed to provide value, insight and support for Kids Help Phone. The Director will assure the integrity and appropriate management of stewardship information. The Director will advise Advancement colleagues on naming and other stewardship guidelines, as well as systems issues relating to stewardship. The incumbent will also develop and administer donor-recognition programs. The position also entails the coordination and production of the annual Impact Report, annual donor listings, and other such collateral materials. The Director will be part of a team focused on donor stewardship programming and communications.
What You’ll Do
- Evolve and implement a robust donor recognition and stewardship system that provides a best-in-class donor experience from annual/monthly to Major and Principle giving
- Conduct donor consultation and cultivation meetings to deliver highly customized stewardship and recognition plans
- Manage stakeholder relationships, including the monitoring and evaluation of the donor stewardship program, related expenses and production/reporting deadlines
- Develop and track program budget, key performance indicators against goals to ensure the prompt identification of challenges and solutions to ensure the achievement of targets
- Work collaboratively with other functions within KHP to synergize with organizational themes, activities to optimize the donor experience and to ensure clinical accuracy of content
What You’ll Need
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in related field or the equivalent in experience
- Minimum a minimum of eight years’ progressively responsible experience in fundraising and stewardship program management
- Experience developing stewardship plans and products, especially in digital formats and those requiring extensive multi-stakeholder consultation
- A demonstrated ability to manage staff, and engage colleagues at all levels and teams to create collaborative impact
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with donors, suppliers, staff, volunteers and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with donors and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail, ability to work under deadline.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, strategic minded and energetic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products, Raiser’s Edge and electronic databases
- AFP, ADRP or AHP membership an asset
- Possess an acceptable "Vulnerable Person Sector Criminal Reference Check" prior to starting employment
- Possess a current “Police Reference Check” prior to starting employment
You’ll already have the following:
- A passion and curiosity for stewardship and donor engagement
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment and multitask
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for their expertise and continuous innovation as Canada’s only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people in both English and French. They have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for over 30 years.
Since 1989, they have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through their free, anonymous and confidential services, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from their database of local youth-serving programs. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games, information, and counselling.
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: *lastname_firstname_Director_Stewardship *
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.kidshelpphone.ca" href="http://www.kidshelpphone.ca" rel="\"noopener" noreferrer\"="" target="_blank">www.kidshelpphone.ca
The position will be posted until midnight April 14, 2021.
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity of people and communities, and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if your require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.