Manager, Prospect Research and Analytics
1 Full-Time Position
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial, detail and results oriented Manager, Prospect Research & Analytics to join our high-performing Philanthropy team. Women’s College Hospital Foundation values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, racialized people, LGBTQ2+ individuals, people with disability, and foreign-born residents to apply.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Reporting to the Senior Director, Philanthropy and Legacy Giving, the Manager, Prospect Research & Analytics is a hands-on and participative member of the Foundation team, providing critical research and data support for the Philanthropy Team and Office of the President and CEO. The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who is passionate about data, analytics, innovative and entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork and communication. They will be an authentic, collaborative and transparent team player and will bring a combination of passion and commitment to equity to their work that supports our Hospital’s bold strategic vision to revolution healthcare. The successful candidate will manage and oversee research systems, products, processes, and protocols to support the achievement of the Foundation’s revenue and activity targets.
- Ensures alignment of research strategies to support the Foundation’s strategic plan and priorities
- Strategically analyzes data to inform appropriate and timely qualification, migration, and solicitation strategies for individuals and companies
- Leads project management of pipeline development, health and migration between fundraising channels
- Oversees prospect clearance and assignment process
- Develops strategies, generates proactive research and provides an entrepreneurial lens to obtain new prospects to fuel WCHF’s pipeline and initiatives
- Delivers dynamic, prioritized, high quality, accurate prospect research and analytical reports
- Manages third party vendor relationships for data sources
- Collaborates across Foundation teams to ensure data integrity and management, as well as identifying areas for increased efficiencies and innovation
- Is accountable as a team player by embracing and consistently enacting organizational values of equity, respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Project Management and Processes:
- Oversees pipeline management processes and monitors pipeline health, pivoting strategies to respond to needs as pipeline evolves
- Leads the strategic prospect clearance and donor migration process and works with the team to develop robust portfolios and pipelines
- Manages research, market, and prospect projects and information
- Develops strategies together with the Philanthropy team to obtain new prospects
- Oversees data integrity processes
- Manages budget and relationships with third party vendors for data and information sourcing
Research and Data Analysis:
- Conducts detailed biographical, corporate, foundation and financial research for identified prospects using traditional and innovative sources to determine capacity and inclination in support of initiatives
- Ensures detailed, clear and up-to-date profile reports and briefings on prospects
- Prepares research and reports for appropriate Foundation stakeholders in support of priority initiatives
- Tracks, prioritizes and manages prospect research work plan to ensure timelines are met
- Demonstrates innovative thinking in terms of products, data, communications and tools
- Dynamically communicates news and information impacting fundraising strategies and the philanthropic environment. Experience with social media is a key asset
- Manages the prospect research system and provides recommendations where appropriate
- Investigates and analyzes information related to donor contacts; effectively summarizes key information
- Responsible for managing the budget and tracking hub for all research resources and materials
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in library science, fundraising or not-for-profit management or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with office, research, communications databases, software, platforms (eg. Raiser's Edge, NXT)
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy legislation and ethical obligations under the Donor Bill of Rights and APRA’s ethics and professional standards.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to research, analyze, synthesize, present data in a clear and confidential manner
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize a diverse range of projects with high efficiency, accuracy and within specific timelines
- Proactive, inquisitive, innovative and entrepreneurial nature as well as a critical-thinking lens
- Customer-service orientation to provide accurate information in a timely manner in fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people including staff, committees and volunteers
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000, eligibility for merit pay and comprehensive benefits including Healthcare Ontario Pension Plan enrollment
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter by Monday April 26, 2021.
To submit your application, please CLICK HERE, and click on the “I am Interested” button at the bottom of the page.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Women's College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Foundation and Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants are asked to make their requirements known in advance.