Posted On: 2021-04-07
Closing On: 2021-05-07
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: as soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Baycrest is a global leader in geriatric residential living, healthcare, research, innovation and education, with a special focus on brain health and aging.
Baycrest is home to a robust research and innovation network, including one of the world’s top research institutes in cognitive neuroscience, the Rotman Research Institute (“RRI”); the scientific headquarters of the Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging, Canada’s largest national dementia research initiative; and the Baycrest-powered Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation, a solution accelerator focused on driving innovation in the aging and brain health sector. Fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, Baycrest provides excellent care for older adults combined with an extensive clinical training program for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Through these initiatives, Baycrest has remained at the forefront of the fight to defeat dementia as the organization works to create a world where every older adult enjoys a life of purpose, inspiration and fulfilment.
Baycrest Foundation’s mission is to enrich the quality of life for our community by providing crucial funding to Baycrest in support of programs and services that promote excellence in care, research, education and innovation in brain health and aging.
Position Title: Direct Marketing Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: Chief Development Officer (direct)
Executive Director of Marketing & Communications (dotted line)
The Direct Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive growth strategies to generate donations from donors ($1 - $10,000). They will be in charge of a portfolio of direct marketing and annual campaign (DM&AC) programs with a mandate of ambitious revenue growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create multi-platform direct marketing strategies to meet ambitious growth targets for revenue and donor base expansion over the next three years.
- Develop and execute compelling direct marketing campaigns aligned with the Baycrest brand, informed by data analytics and integrating both traditional and digital mediums— leveraging each platform’s unique strengths for optimal performance.
- Lead the tracking, analysis and reporting of campaigns from creative brief to program execution to result.
- Collaborate with the Major Gifts and Marketing teams to develop, execute, and augment new and existing fundraising stewardship strategies.
- Develop, implement and manage a donor stewardship strategy, using a variety of meaningful opportunities to connect with Baycrest Foundation; aligned with Marketing & Communications’ strategies, vehicles, and channels (e.g. email, social media, publications, etc.).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Baycrest Foundation departments and vendors to ensure the successful delivery of direct mail fundraising campaigns, including scheduling of meetings, content development, graphic design, printing and distribution.
- Prepare monthly financial forecast reports, as well as results and appeal/campaign analysis against revenue goals for all donor segments, including new, existing and lapsed.
- Work with Marketing & Communications, Major Gifts and Finance teams to implement strategies to enhance solicitation campaigns, as well as promote retention, win-backs and upgrades.
- Work collaboratively with Major Gifts on seamless elevation/transition of potential major donors.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Holds a university degree in business, marketing or a related field, with a minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in a direct marketing fundraising environment.
- A proven track record establishing direct marketing programs, both leading and executing in a hands-on way, and tracking for demonstrated success against KPIs/goals
- A proven track record in robust and consistent revenue growth, with a passionate drive to exceed targets and go the extra mile. He/she will be able to juggle competing priorities and navigate details with a clear strategic focus.
- Strong knowledge of direct, email and digital marketing principles and best practices, including CASL.
- Experience with fundraising / database platforms, Raiser’s Edge preferred, or similar CRM.
- Solid capability to develop and execute revenue growth plans based on strong business acumen with an astute understanding of industry trends, while prioritizing objectives in order to leverage short-term opportunities.
- Experienced in setting up dashboards, tracking, and interpreting, reporting and leveraging analytics data to identify and operationalize recommendations for continuous result improvements.
- Strong presentation skills, and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion with tightly prescribed timelines and budgets.
- A university degree in business, marketing or a related field.
Baycrest Foundation offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
The Baycrest Foundation is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community, and we support an inclusive culture for our clients, families, research scientists, staff, and participants, trainees, volunteers, trustees, and partners. We welcome applications from Black individuals and other racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2SA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community. We are committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process where needed.
A detailed position profile is available upon request.
Siegel Executive Search Solutions Inc., member of the Executive Search Alliance, is advising Baycrest Foundation on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment. Interested applicants may explore this opportunity in confidence by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 14th, 2021. The publication of this advertisement is neither an assurance that an applicant will be hired, nor that the position will be held open for any specific period of time in the event that a suitable candidate for the position is identified at an earlier date. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.