Posted On: 2021-04-08
Closing On: 2021-04-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Part of University Health Network (UHN), the UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospitals, Toronto Rehab and their respective research arms, the Krembil Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.UHN Foundation is an amalgamation of Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation and Toronto Rehab Foundation. UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable hospital network, the UHN organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. Together with our donors, we’re helping UHN pursue new knowledge to build a healthier world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At UHN Foundation, approximately 90% of the donors in any given year come through Community Giving programs. Our integrated direct response program plays a significant role in generating funds from and engaging these supporters. Under the direction of the Manager, Direct Response & Digital Fundraising, and working with other members of the Community Giving team, the Development Officer, Direct Response will be responsible for managing the strategy and executing the day-to-day functions of the our direct mail and telemarketing campaigns, ensuring seamless integration with our digital and broader Foundation opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integrated Direct Response Program
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of the Foundation’s robust direct mail program for house, acquisition and mid-level donors; contribute to program strategy developed in consultation with direct mail agency.
- Oversee telemarketing program for welcome calls and annual fundraising campaigns.
- Manage agency partner relationships, including development and management of annual budgets, lead execution of various campaigns with an eye on the overall program strategy, RFP process and coordinate vendor contracts.
- Responsible for ongoing program results monitoring, proactively providing frequent reporting against budget and outcomes of testing strategies. Refine tactics and strategies using data-driven analytics.
- Traffic all campaign elements – from copy and creative – through approvals, coordinating with various Foundation and Hospital stakeholders. Includes reviewing and consolidating feedback from often disparate parties, ensuring accuracy and consistency of messaging, and ensuring alignment with Foundation brand and voice.
- Work closely with Coordinator, Digital Fundraising on digital campaign elements, including email deployments, online donation forms and website content.
- Work with Foundation and Hospital teams to identify content themes and patient stories for fundraising appeals, newsletters, twice-annual Behind the Scenes event, and telemarketing scripts.
- Bring forward ideas to help bridge siloes between direct mail and other Community Giving programs, including identifying new fundraising opportunities to create an engaging Community Giving donor experience for donors acquired through direct response.
- Keep up to date on best practices, innovative approaches and new opportunities to grow effectiveness and efficiency of integrated direct response programs.
- Lead new donor onboarding strategy and execution, including print, email and phone.
- Identify and manage timely execution of stewardship touchpoints for annual-level donors. In some cases you will be responsible for executing tactics, while in other instances you will manage external partners or work with other Community Giving team members to ensure stewardship is happing to your satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Stewardship team to execute twice annual Behind the Scenes event, as well as leverage other opportunities to support donors stewardship of annual donors.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in fundraising and/or marketing
- 5 or more years’ progressive experience in a direct marketing role, preferably in a fundraising environment
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices based on successful experience running annual direct mail and telemarketing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at using tact, diplomacy and discretion with donors, agency partners, suppliers and Foundation and Hospital Staff
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and ability to manage yourself effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Confident with analysing results and using data-driven insights for decision making
- Advanced experience with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with health-care fundraising in a large, complex organization a definite asset
- Regular daily hours of work from home with possibility of returning to the office in future.
- Collaborative environment with a shared goal of achieving fundraising success.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter, by email, noting the position title in the subject line, to:
Director, Talent and Volunteer Management
UHN Foundation thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal‐opportunity employer.