WHO WE ARE?
The future is bright for tennis in Canada, and you will be right in the middle of it all at Tennis Canada! A national sport organization with a mission to lead the growth of tennis in Canada and a vision to become a world-leading tennis nation, Tennis Canada seeks to grow participation across the country and develop champions on the international stage. Tennis Canada also owns and operates the world-class National Bank Open presented by Rogers tournaments in Toronto and Montreal, two of the best-run sporting events on the planet which annually bring the globe’s best tennis players to Canada and continue to break attendance records year on year. In recent times, Canadian tennis has enjoyed many historic achievements, including a first Grand Slam singles title at the 2019 US Open as well as a first appearance in the Davis Cup final in Madrid and increased participation and interest in the sport. Join us as we look to build on this exciting momentum and continue to produce incredible results. We are a team of innovators, who are passionate about our work and pursue excellence together everyday.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
MANAGER, FUND DEVELOPMENT
The Manager, Fund Development will be responsible for revenue generation and the execution of the organization’s annual giving (including campaigns) and Major Gifts fundraising portfolios. Additionally, the Manager will oversee the implementation of a comprehensive donor recognition and stewardship program.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of donors and prospects through the development of cultivation and solicitation plans to close Major Gifts
- Meet or exceed the overall revenue targets for all annual giving and Major Gifts portfolios set out by the operations plan
- Develop and implement strategies to increase revenue through Major Gifts among existing and potential donors and partners
- Support development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for donor, community, or foundation meetings
- Develop, execute, and manage annual giving including campaigns
- Manage and execute all aspects of the Chairman’s Lounge during the National Bank Open
- Foster and deepen relationships with donors through emails, phone calls, invitations to events and handwritten letters
- Manage all aspects of stewardship activities and recommend and implement creative stewardship programs, communication tools and activities to grow and/or streamline the current portfolio of recognition activities
- Collaborate with our Marcom team regarding the development of digital, campaign and web page content
- Work with our Marcom team to develop and enhance promotion and recognition of philanthropic impact
- Develop and write content for all tax receipt letters and donor newsletters
- Track all donor and financial activities in Salesforce
- Issue thank you letters and tax receipts
WHO YOU ARE?
- University or College degree in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline and a minimum
- 5 years’ progressive leadership experience in fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and passion for tennis (a must!)
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of Tennis Canada to the community at large both verbally and in all forms of written communication
- Experience building consensus and achieving results in a complex business environment
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to manage key relationships with donors, corporate partners, staff, and volunteers
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, with great listening skills and a keen sense of diplomacy
- Resourceful and organized; ability to manage competing priorities, complex situations, and deadlines
- Proven ability to influence with integrity and to work independently
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers and stakeholders as needed
- Strong budget management, organization, financial and IT skills
- Experience with Ticketmaster and Sales Force (asset)
- Bilingual English and French (asset)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Join the team that’s making Canadian tennis history
- Be behind the scenes of the National Bank Open
- Work in a dog friendly office
- Benefit from a generous organisation that truly cares about its employees
Send us your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TENNIS CANADA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION