Posted On: 2021-04-12
Closing On: 2021-04-21
Location: St. George, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to attracting, retaining and developing a group of diverse team members that believe in and are dedicated to our mission and values. We work together to foster the strengths within youth, and empower them to pursue a life without limits. Our team is tireless in our commitment to youth. We radiate hope and opportunity and strive to be better and inspire others to do the same, while believing in the power of camp and community.
At Tims Camps, we help kids change their stories by supporting youth from disadvantaged circumstances through a multi-year camp-based program that helps them develop responsibility, resilience and leadership. We support youth to build these critical life skills with the goal of encouraging them to give back and help build stronger communities.
We’re posting for a:
Manager, Fund Development (Permanent)
Posting type: Internal and External
This job posting is intended to solicit interest from internal and external candidates. Specific aspects of the role listed in this job posting may change dependent on the skills and experience of the successful incumbent.
Rationale for role creation:
This opportunity has been available as a result of a recent vacancy within the Fund Development team. This role is anticipated to evolve as priorities within the Fund Development team evolve in support of our Strategy. In recognition of this, the search will focus on a candidate that brings diverse experience and perspective from a wide range of assignments within the philanthropic, not-for-profit, fund development and communications sectors.
This role will be based out of the Foundation’s Home Office in St. George, Ontario. This role will be required to frequently meet with potential and current donors and corporate partners locations primarily currently located within south-western Ontario however, internationally as required (CAN & USA: currently limited). As a result, it is anticipated that a portion of work time may be spent working remotely with regular (as required) time spent working out of the Home Office location.
Note: In-person travel will commence once safe to do so as per COVID-19 considerations
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development this role will act as primary relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of foundations, corporate partners & individual donors. With a focus on donor relations and stewardship, communications and proposal development, grant writing, and special events this role will expand the Foundation’s pipeline of sustainable support, generating new revenue through prospect research, partner and donor cultivation and solicitation.
What you will be doing:
- Meet assigned objectives and targets in support of the Tims Camps Fund Development Strategy.
- Develop meaningful authentic relationships with assigned individual and corporate donors and partners while planning and implementing individualized strategies to retain their support, involvement and deepen their giving.
- Generate new revenue through prospect research, cultivation and solicitation in service of assigned fundraising targets and other priorities related to donor involvement and stewardship.
- Develop effective donor solicitation strategies for all assigned prospects, including preparing proposals, fundraising materials, reports and related communications.
- .Develop customized plans for assigned prospects and execute on the established plan to ensure increased involvement and retention of donors/partners.
- Develop strong relationships with all Foundation departments to understand their work and funding priorities in order to effectively communicate with donors/partners about those projects and solicit and steward support as appropriate.
- Draft and execute effective asks, proposals, case for support and gift agreements that are accurate and reflect the mission, method and values of the Foundation. This work will be completed cross-functionally.
- Qualify donors/partners that represent the highest giving potential for the Foundation and create reasonable support goals for each prospect, which is based on the donor's/partners giving/support history and the potential.
Does this sound like you?
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- CFRE Designation preferred.
- Five years (5+) of major gift/planned giving, sponsorship or corporate cause partnerships experience.
- Marketing/Communications experience required to support in fund development initiatives.
- Creative writing and design skills (Adobe Creative Suite) required.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and growing successful major gift programs and individual giving programs.
- Proven experience in identifying, fostering and managing partnerships between corporate organizations and charitable organizations.
- Deep knowledge of donor relationship management and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate innovative, flexible and adaptive solutions to deliver on results.
- Ability to represent the Foundation in a professional, credible, genuine and compelling manner.
- Experienced in using donor database systems used for managing donor and solicitation records.
- Experience in managing and leading a direct report(s) considered an asset.
- Bilingual French and English considered an asset.
- Ability to travel, within the province, Canada and North America is required.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
Interested candidates please apply online.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.