Posted On: 2021-04-13
Closing On: 2021-04-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for a career with a purpose? Do you want to be part of an adaptable, high-performance culture that reflects your values and commitment to community? If so, we have the right challenge for you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations, the Manager, Corporate Donor Relations will partner with volunteers and workplaces to develop and implement strategic plans which will contribute to the achievement of United Way Greater Toronto’s fundraising goals.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of relationships with companies and workplaces to drive revenue growth through corporate philanthropy, employee giving, individual giving and special events
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new revenue opportunities through organizations and companies headquartered in the Greater Toronto Area
- Develop and implement account plans to drive fundraising revenue
- Work closely with senior/key volunteers to ensure that they remain engaged and motivated; ensure that they are well-prepared for all meetings, calls and events
- Analyze data and develop strategies based on evaluation of previous results and additional research
- Develop, in conjunction with volunteers, financial and non-financial goals for assigned portfolio in keeping with the overall campaign objectives
- Assist in selection and recruitment of fundraising volunteers and ensure that they receive appropriate orientation, training and support in the preparation of agendas, minutes, call packages, briefing notes and other materials
- Manage and monitor progress and results for all assigned accounts
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the database for assigned portfolio
- Manage assigned temporary campaign staff by providing training, support, motivation, problem solving and assessment of performance
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience, preferably with a focus in corporate fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage constituent relationships
- Experience delivering presentations, speeches and training sessions
- Ability to influence, negotiate and manage contentious issues to resolution
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Project management and/or sales and marketing experience
- Ability to gather and analyze information needed for problem solving and decision making
- Ability to coordinate and modify projects, and work with a group of outside volunteers
- Proven organizational abilities and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Willingness to actively contribute to the organizational equity framework through participation in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population and multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to work with numbers and proven track record of accuracy
- Experience working with virtual video conferencing tools, Microsoft Office, online fundraising platforms and CRM databases
Does this sound like you? Show us your Local Love. Come and do great work at United Way Greater Toronto!
Please apply no later than April 23, 2021 at https://www.unitedwaygt.org/career-opportunities.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.