Posted On: 2021-04-14
Closing On: 2021-04-28
Location: Toronto (currently remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
ORGANIZATION: Pathways to Education Canada
POSITION: Senior Development Officer, Corporate Philanthropy
REPORTING TO: Director, Corporate Philanthropy (Resource Development)
LOCATION: Toronto (currently remote)
We’re looking for someone who can change the paradigm for Canadian youth living in poverty. Someone who enjoys building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams. Is that you?
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
As Pathways to Education’s Senior Development Officer, Corporate Development, you have a unique talent for matching corporate partners’ needs and interests with Pathways’ priorities and goals. You are a creative thinker who is motivated by achieving targets and making a positive social impact. You demonstrate a strong work ethic through established success in securing and stewarding corporate partnerships up to the six-figure funding level.
As an experienced fundraiser and partnership-builder, you have developed and executed strategies to align corporate funding objectives with organizational needs and secure revenue from corporate partners across the country. You are a skilled communicator and collaborator, adept at leveraging your colleagues’ expertise to develop compelling proposals and maintain and enhance positive relationships with Pathways’ corporate partners. You enjoy contributing to a fast-paced team focused on learning, continuous growth, and development.
What You’ll Do
- Grow the revenue derived from corporate partnerships through prospect qualification, cultivation, and solicitation of both new and existing corporate partners to achieve personal and team revenue and activity targets for both acquisition and renewal. • Create a broad potential funding base by conducting ongoing research on corporate prospects to identify potential partners, determine their giving capacity, and prioritize outreach based on aligned interests and goals.
- Create and deliver compelling, customized proposals that align corporate prospects’ objectives with Pathways’ strategic funding priorities and opportunities; develop briefing notes, presentations, communications, and other materials supporting the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with all departments across Pathways to create and deliver cultivation, recognition, and engagement plans executed with excellence and aligned with prospect and partnership interests, agreements, and growth objectives.
- Contribute to developing corporate employee giving, cause-related marketing, alumni internship, and employee engagement strategies for corporate partners, including supporting the development of new tools and materials for these initiatives.
- Develop and execute sponsorship strategies for signature events while overseeing sponsor information accuracy; cultivate corporate prospects maintaining relationships with current sponsors to increase interest in sponsorships and build long-term relationships.
- Leverage and support Pathways’ executive leaders and senior fundraising volunteers with outreach strategies and tactics to open new doors, solicit corporate partners, and support fundraising goals.
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of all donations, solicitations, and donor information in Raiser’s Edge database.
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising or a related area (corporate social responsibility, cause marketing/sponsorships, account management, or sales).
- Demonstrated success in securing multi-year financial gifts from new partners and a proven ability to steward existing donors to renew and move to higher levels of giving.
- An understanding of corporate philanthropy and decision-making processes.
- Proven ability to develop, write, and present compelling partnership proposals.
- Superior communication skills, in particular, a well-defined sense of diplomacy and solid negotiation skills.
- Highly adaptive and thrive in complex, creative, and collaborative environments.
- Passionate about Pathways’ mission and values.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
What We Offer
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact.
- Opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous vacation and health benefits package.
- Group RRSP program.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter alongside their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Senior Development Officer, Corporate Philanthropy.’ Applications accepted until 5 pm on April 28, 2021.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.