Posted On: 2021-04-15
Closing On: 2021-05-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
THE ROYAL CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC
The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Senior Director, Major Gifts & Stewardship is responsible for developing strategic and comprehensive major gift and stewardship plans, and will provide management oversight to ensure their successful delivery and implementation. With a love of music, education and the arts, and inspired by the Conservatory’s mission, the Senior Director, Major Gifts and Stewardship, will be a strategic thinker and proficient fundraiser who will identify and develop opportunities to drive success in an integrated advancement environment.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Development, develop and implement strategies in support of future major giving goals and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the RCM leadership team and senior major gift volunteers to develop and implement fundraising initiatives based on programmatic priorities. and establish operating plans and objectives, solicitation priorities, giving and recognition events.
- Engage and lead a team of senior volunteers to inspire donors to support the RCM’s priorities at the $100,000 gift level and above.
- Independently manage a small portfolio of major gift donors.
- Assist in the recruitment, orientation, training and motivation of volunteers who support major gift goals and programs.
- In consultation with other Development colleagues, lead the development of a comprehensive, donor-centric stewardship plan for donors to The Royal Conservatory.
- Oversee donor engagement, recognition and stewardship strategies, programs and events tailored for individual and foundation major gift donors. Ensure the RCM fulfills deliverables as outlined in funding agreements with a long-term view to donor relationship management.
- Ensure the prospect pipeline is developed and maintained at a level sufficient to achieve RCM’s major gift giving goals.
- Analyze and monitor progress towards established goals; recommend adjustments as required in order to meet targets.
- Develop and monitor project and program budgets.
- Recruit and hire team members as required.
- Coach and mentor direct reports.
- Conduct annual staff performance reviews, ensuring that they are achieving objectives in alignment with major gift program revenue and stewardship goals.
- Provide external industry knowledge, monitor trends in the philanthropic environment and implement best practices as appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gift donors at the six-figure level and above.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop donor relationships.
- Proven ability to engage, support and provide leadership to volunteers involved in major gift philanthropy.
- Previous experience working in a major gifts program environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with and through others using influence and persuasion.
- Experience with proposal development, negotiations and tailoring complex gift agreements.
- A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving.
- Exceptional organizational and execution skills; capable of effectively and calmly managing many priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience working in a complex, organizational environment.
- Excels in an environment of change and ambiguity.
- Exceptional time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written.)
- Previous leadership experience and strong management skills.
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and inspire staff.
- Reputation for integrity and high ethical standards.
- A professional and exceptional donor centric service approach.
- University degree preferred.
- CFRE designation or equivalent an asset.
The RCM is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM’s Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory or via direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we would like to thank all applicants for their interest and taking the time to apply, only candidates selected for next steps will be contacted directly.