Posted On: 2021-04-19
Closing On: 2021-05-17
Location: Hamilton, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre (Hamilton Urban Core) is an inner-city health centre that helps thousands of clients through its many programs and services. Founded in 1996, Hamilton Urban Core is a non-profit agency, primarily funded through the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Integration Health Network (LHIN). Over the years Hamilton Urban Core has worked diligently with individuals and communities to not only change the lives of thousands of inner-city residents, but to also shape a better, healthier city for the client communities served and represented by Hamilton Urban Core.
As one of Ontario’s 76 Community Health Centres, Hamilton Urban Core is non-profit, charitable and community-governed, and provides multi-disciplinary interprofessional health care framed by the social determinants of health.
Hamilton Urban Core delivers a host of services and programs that enhance the quality of life in the community. These include clinical health and therapeutic services, health education programs (diabetes, oral health, and seniors health). From parenting and cooking to relaxation and managing anger, Hamilton Urban Core provides counselling services for personal and community development. They also help bring the community together with support programs ranging from gardening and breakfasts to laundry and shower services. More information about Hamilton Urban Core is at http://www.hucchc.com
The Hamilton Urban Core CHC seeks a proven leader in health care and community service to be its next Executive Director. This is an opportunity to continue the transformation of Hamilton Urban Core into the forefront of urban community health care, and to the centre of its health hub as a trusted partner. The next ED knows and understands the social determinants of health, the barrier that racism and inequity are to health and well-being is for marginalized communities – and what needs to be done to address them. This is a career opportunity for a community health care professional foster change in a community and carry on a proud legacy of service to the marginalized.
- Proven senior management experience as a seasoned leader of a non-profit organization in the community health or social services field, able to work collaboratively and consultatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community participation and community-based health care
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with other community agencies, boards of directors and government agencies
- Demonstrated experience working within anti-racism, anti-discrimination, anti-oppression and equity frameworks
- Knowledge of the greater Hamilton community, the community HUCCHC serves and issues impacting clients
- Experience in managing program development, monitoring, and evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making and problem
- Post-secondary education in health care, public administration or equivalent, with relevant work experience
This search is being conducted on behalf of Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Hamilton Urban Core is committed to equity in employment.
Deadline to apply: May 17, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Liz Latimer at Liz@crawfordconnect.com or call 416.690.5377.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
During the current COVID-19 Virus pandemic, candidate interviews are being conducted virtually. For more information, please ask your search consultant.