Goodwill, The Amity Group has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team. We are now recruiting for:
Director, Community Engagement & Partnerships
Goodwill, the Amity Group is a leading social impact and human services organization based in Hamilton that serves the Hamilton and Halton communities. Goodwill lives a person-centred service philosophy that places clients, employers, and stakeholders at the centre of our mission, which is changing lives and strengthening communities through the power of work. To deliver that mission we support individuals in overcoming barriers to employment and obtaining work and employers in securing the workforce they need through our social enterprise division. Our social enterprises include two retail thrift stores, donation centres, recycling operations, and Stairways Café & Catering. Our social enterprises generate proceeds to reinvest in our mission, make us a larger employer, reflect our environmental mission, and provide hands-on training opportunities.
As part of a North American network of 157 Goodwills, the Amity Group benefits from the scale and resources of the network and the brand recognition of the Goodwill name while being an independent entity, firmly rooted in meeting local needs.
Goodwill, The Amity Group (Goodwill) is seeking a Director, Community Engagement & Partnerships to strategically build awareness and philanthropic support to further expand the impact of our vital social service organization.
Well known for our thrift stores, there is a bigger story behind the stores! Goodwill is a leading Employment Service provider, helping people enter or re-enter the workforce – a mission that is more powerful than ever as we look to build an inclusive economic recovery. Operating in Hamilton and Halton for over 85 years, Goodwill is a charity that delivers a range of exceptional training, employment, and business services using our empowering “hand up not a hand out” approach to support community members.
As part of our Strategic Plan, which calls for revenue diversification and growth, we are seeking our first Director, Community Engagement and Partnerships.
The new Director will use their skills in communications, fundraising, and community relations to tell the Goodwill story, build a department from the ground up, and mobilize support amongst our diverse audiences. This is an exciting time to join Goodwill as we plan to take this next step in our trajectory.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Leadership
- Collaborate as a member of the Senior Leadership Team on the agency’s annual plan, goals, and strategies.
- Implement the three-year fundraising plan that clearly delineates a phased approach to building awareness and revenue generation including tactics, timeline, and measurement in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the organization to operationalize the revenue generation plan while continuing to further understand and assess opportunities for growth.
- Ensure all initiatives reflect Goodwill’s vision, mission, and values, and are relevant and support the communities Goodwill serves.
- Deliver monthly and annual reporting of activity and refinement of the annual fundraising revenue forecast for the budget.
Internal & Community Relations
- Leverage the power of Goodwill’s brand and unique model and value proposition within the second-hand/thrift retail space to differentiate us from for-profit competitors and increase external awareness of our total impact through the creation of digital and traditional communications initiatives.
- Identify appropriate tactics that will build a community of supporters.
- Create a culture of philanthropy that educates and mobilizes awareness and support amongst the internal Goodwill community.
- Refine the Goodwill Amity case for support that features Goodwill’s forward-thinking and empowering support model within the employment services space in a manner that articulates donor opportunities and impact, positions us as the community-builders we are, and is compelling to a variety of audiences.
- Lead the development of creative, meaningful giving opportunities and communications/stewardship materials intended to attract donors.
- Connect with and build relationships with community champions to leverage and expand the Goodwill network and prospect pipeline.
- Create and implement strategic donor communications including website, impact reports, e-communication, gift acknowledgements, and other material.
- Identify and leverage immediate revenue opportunities with our corporate partners, granting foundations, major gift prospects, and other potential supporters through relationship-building and customized asks prior to the development of wider reaching fundraising initiatives.
- Strengthen and celebrate our internal fundraising activities, including point of sale in our retail stores, to raise additional funds while also building our culture of philanthropy and awareness of our multi-faceted benefits to existing stakeholders and audiences.
- Create and implement consistent donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship practices across all donor levels.
- Build infrastructure and processes to support program success e.g., data management, metrics, policies, and processes, etc.
- Work with the President and CEO to support major donors and Board involvement in prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation activities.
- Function as a subject matter expert on key research and trends in fundraising and use this knowledge to enhance program development and results.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about Goodwill’s mandate and programs.
- Seven to ten years of progressive management experience, with demonstrated efficacy in fundraising, strategic communications, and community engagement.
- A “doer” as well as a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience building, developing, leading, and evaluating successful programs from the ground up.
- A strategic, analytical, and innovative thinker able to work equally well independently or cross-functionally as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence, inspire, and engage key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a proven ability to build networks and communities of support.
- High emotional intelligence, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability and commitment to work as a team member.
- Tactful and diplomatic with the ability to work successfully with diverse groups including employees, clients, donors, volunteers, and community groups.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities with the capability to identify alternate solutions.
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Solid understanding and commitment to CRA regulations and AFP Code of Ethics.
- Mission Vision & Values
- Information on Programs & Services
- Board of Directors
- Senior Leadership Team
INTERESTED IN TAKING ON THIS EXCITING CHALLENGE?
If this opportunity is of interest, and you feel you are qualified, please submit your resume and covering letter quoting DirCEP in the subject line to:
Application deadline: May 19, 2021. Successful applicants will be required to submit to a Police Records Check as part of the offer process.
The salary range for this position is $83,000 to $93,000 plus benefits.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.