Posted On: 2021-04-22
Closing On: 2021-05-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Osteoporosis Canada is searching for a skilled and enthusiastic Foundation & Grant Coordinator.
This fundraising professional as part of the Fund Development team will identify and cultivate local foundation and grant opportunities and will also ensure compliance is met as per Bingo requirements in Scarborough. The incumbent will report to the Director, Fund Development & MARCOM working with fund development and community engagement staff.
The incumbent will also support national fundraising initiatives as needed and have a knowledge of philanthropy practices and familiarity with donor-centered fundraising.
We offer a flexible but demanding work environment and a team committed to excellence in the risk-reduction and management of osteoporosis.
Role & Accountabilities (but are not limited to):
- Develop, monitor, and manage grant and foundation applications in coordination with the Director, Fund Development & MARCOM and fund development and community engagement staff.
- Develop, build and support relationships with current and potential funders, including applications for funding, stewardship of agreement, and reporting.
- Coordinate reporting to funders including financial reporting in conjunction with community engagement staff and the Director, Fund Development & MARCOM.
- Write reports, proposals, and correspondence on issues related to grants and foundations within their portfolio.
- Develop and ensure the fulfillment requirements of all foundation and grant agreements are met according to contracts, government policies and stewardship plans.
- Research and seek out new opportunities to apply for grants and foundations that will generate revenue for programs and services of Osteoporosis Canada.
- Prepares donor correspondence including acknowledgement and thank you letters for foundations and grants donors.
- Ensure appropriate administration of donor and event information in the donor database and, where appropriate, supply reports and analysis to the Director, Fund Development & MARCOM.
- Provide support to the Director, Fund Development & MARCOM and team members as needed.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are the completion of a university degree or a college diploma, with a concentration in Fundraising, Marketing, Communications, or a related field, and a minimum of two years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects within tightly prescribed timelines.
- Superior communication abilities with a persuasive writing style and strong verbal skills in English with equally strong presentation and editing skills.
- The ability to convey compelling stories and messages that are tailored to unique stakeholder groups.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various timelines and handle competing and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of best practices in the area of peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Proactive problem solver, solution oriented, displays sound decision-making and judgment; with a positive, "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with relational databases and online fundraising platforms.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- High energy, enthusiastic and passionate about fundraising.
- Fluency in French.
- Experience with financial reporting and budget management.
- Ability to work flexible hours; some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Desire to be a passionate advocate for Osteoporosis Canada and those we serve.
- Committed to delivering exceptional service.
SALARY: $55,000 per annum plus benefits
This position will work out of our National office in Toronto, Ontario.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: HResources@osteoporosis.ca. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
This posting will remain open until it has been filled.
Osteoporosis Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to culture, ethnicity, race, color, religion, beliefs, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at all stages of the hiring process.
Osteoporosis Canada (OC), a registered charity, is the only national organization providing services to people who have, or are at risk for, osteoporosis. OC is a volunteer driven organization which works to educate, empower and support individuals and communities in bone health and in the risk reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
Employment at OC is an opportunity to participate in a vibrant organization supporting an increasingly widespread population of people living with osteoporosis. We have many volunteers across the country, a national multidisciplinary scientific advisory council and a passionate consumer/patient voice which keeps us well grounded in our mission.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. No phone calls please.