Imagine a future where people living with lung cancer have a fighting chance, where no one loses a loved one to asthma, where people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) live their lives to the fullest, where older adults don’t lose their independence in life, and where future generations don’t suffer the debilitating effects of lung disease.
The Lung Health Foundation is committed to making this future a reality. And this new future starts now.
The Lung Health Foundation’s mission is to improve the lung health of Canadians, and we will achieve this through:
- Groundbreaking research;
- Policy and practice change;
- Urgently needed programs and support; and
- Public education around lung health issues.
And at the heart of it all? Helping those who have been impacted by lung disease.
Reporting to the National Manager, Development, the Corporate Partnerships Specialist will play an important role in the achievement of our mission by growing support from current corporate partners and donors, and in soliciting and securing new support to attain the annual workplan and fundraising goals of the organization. The Corporate Partnerships Specialist will solicit event sponsorship, oversee activation, conduct prospect research and drive new corporate relationships. They will work closely with the Marketing and Development team to create mutually beneficial relationships between the Lung Health Foundation and a wide range of corporate partners.
- Lead sponsorship sales for events to recurring and new partners for core events including the Better Breathing Conference, Breathe! Bash, and the Hockey Challenge
- Responsible for reaching assigned revenue targets, with support from the National Manager, Development
- Work closely with the National Manager, Development and the marketing team to assist in the development of sponsorship and proposal packages for core events and properties
- Identify new prospects for events, employee engagement programs and other long-term partnership opportunities
- Manage a prospect pipeline within the organization’s CRM system
- In partnership with the marketing team, ensure all event sponsorship deliverables are fulfilled and results are shared with sponsors in post-event fulfillment reports
- University or College degree in Sales, Marketing, Fundraising or related discipline
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a high relationship-based environment
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment is an asset
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region and to attend evening and weekend events (when provincial restrictions are lifted)
- Demonstrated progressive and successful corporate development/sponsorship sales experience
- Knowledge and skill in relationship management with experience working in a B2B environment
- Position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with partners and leadership members
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Experience with CRM an asset
We’re also looking for people who share our values:
- To lead with courage and passion
- To act as one unified and integrated team
- To be nimble, open and quick to adapt
- To demonstrate genuine integrity
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the patients and caregivers that we exist to serve; and to each other…the members of our LHF family
WHY THE LUNG HEALTH FOUNDATION?
Beyond the good feels you’ll get from making a real difference in the lives of the one-in-five Canadians living with lung disease, we offer:
- Collaborative and creative environment
- Robust benefits package, including an RRSP matching program
- Flexible work environment
- We help you grow - both professionally and personally
As a Toronto-based organization with a national scope, we may consider, for externally-focused roles, remote work based on the strength of the candidate and organizational needs. In such cases, the candidate must be also willing to travel as required.
The Lung Health Foundation is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
The Lung Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the province where we operate. At the Lung Health Foundation, we value the insights and innovation that diverse and inclusive teams bring to work.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to apply through our careers page at https://lunghealth.ca/careers/ and in your cover letter please include the position title you are applying for. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.