Founded in 1917, Canadian Hadassah-WIZO (CHW) is a non-political, volunteer led, philanthropic organization, with Centres in over 20 locations across Canada. CHW’s National Board of Directors embodies visionary leadership from coast to coast. CHW passionately supports programs and services for Children, Healthcare, and Women in Israel and Canada.
We believe that the key to building Israel’s future is through the support and development of its women and children. By investing in schools, daycares, shelters, and other support systems, we are creating the circumstances under which Israeli women and children can thrive. Our partnerships with the Shamir Medical Centre (Assaf Harofeh) and Hadassah Hospital ensure that Israel remains on the cutting-edge of scientific and medical advancement.
CHW has dynamic Centres in over 20 locations and friends and supporters in over 30 locations across Canada. Our supporters are deeply invested in and dedicated to the future of Israel and its people
Data Management Specialist & Office Administrator has the primary responsibility of inputting, tracking, reporting and analyzing gift and constituent data using Raiser’s Edge. This position reports to the Director, Finance & Operations and must be experienced in the report, export, query, and batch entry functions of Raiser’s Edge. Additional experience in other development activities is a plus. This includes supporting the National Executive Director/CEO and development team as needed with reports and letter writing, annual mailings, volunteer management, tribute/holiday/memorial card orders and community events.
- Gift and acknowledgement processing.
- Input all pledges and gifts received to the organization through our website, external online platforms, and via cheques.
- Merge and mail acknowledgment letters as required.
- Donor relations, card donations, and mailings.
- Weekly gift reporting for staff and lay leadership.
- Monthly reconciliation with the Director Finance and Operations and assistance with annual audit preparation and quarterly Board meetings, as needed.
- Correctly allocating money in on all mandated reports.
- Maintain the health of the Raiser’s Edge database, contact and address updates, duplicate management, record clean-up, event and program participation, etc.
- Assist Development team with action and proposal tracking.
- Mailing List Management.
- Segment and create mailing/event list production for campaigns, events and communication projects.
- Mailing Support: manage merges, printing and mailing letters.
- Identify and implement data upgrades/systems upgrades.
- Regularly review data and tracking policies, procedures and protocols to ensure proper data management within the development team.
- Support the effective use of donor and solicitor data through regular analysis and reporting, and external data uploads (wealth data, etc.).
- Serve as the point of contact for any staff Raiser’s Edge questions.
- Onboard all new staff members into Raiser’s Edge.
- Weekly campaign reporting (all centres).
- Gift processing – online, monthly batches, credit card batches (since May 2020).
- Toronto centre AC canvasser reporting/support.
- Donor follow-up – cc info, monthly renewals, etc.
- Data entries, updates, maintenance, queries, etc.
- Tax Receipts including production of replacement receipts, production of fiscal year-end and calendar year-end tax receipts (hard-copy and email).
- All adjustments of gifts for Director, Finance and Operations where tax receipt adjustments are required.
- Act as first point of contact for inbound calls.
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies and cards.
- Ongoing maintenance of computer files and organization.
- Prepare and file all correspondence and reports.
- Process VISA payments, (deposits, order slips, debits/credits) and other forms of payment (cash and cheques).
- Reconcile processed payments with Director, Finance and Operations.
- Respond to donor inquires by telephone, e-mail, fax and any photocopy requests.
- Timely response to requests from donors and volunteers.
- Update database with donor information, address changes, memorial notices.
- Maintain supply of pamphlets/brochures, campaign materials, correspondence/files, stationery supplies, tribute/holiday/memorial cards.
- Open, date-stamp and sort all incoming mail.
- Reconcile donations for bank deposit, to assist Director, Finance and Operations as required.
- Follow up invalid credit card numbers or other donation issues to assist Director, Finance and Operations as required.
- Process returned mail and research new addresses to update database.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of fundraising experience having worked in not for profit sector.
- 3=5 years’ experience with Raiser's Edge, including experience in the report, export, query, and batch entry functions of Raiser’s Edge. Knowledge of RE modules including, but not limited to Financial Edge, Luminate Online and their integration.
- Must be proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Google Drive.
- Ability to input and retrieve data, as well as run reports from computerized records keeping program (database) with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to positively represent CHW to external constituents in both verbal and written communications.
- Professional character that is consistent, capable, reliable, well-organized, flexible, personable, and can maintain composure in a changing and growing environment.
Please send your resume and a cover letter addressed to Hiring Manager, email@example.com
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the successful incumbent will be offered to work remotely at this time. At a time when it is safe to do so, the successful incumbent will work in the Toronto office.