Posted On: 2021-04-29
Closing On: 2021-05-21
Location: Newmarket, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about healthcare philanthropy? Do you thrive in an active, fast paced fundraising environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to shape the future of fundraising at a leading regional health care centre on the cusp of a transformational campaign? Are you looking for an opportunity to stretch your skills and learn new ones? Do you get excited about a professional growth opportunity with a dynamic, growth focused, forward thinking foundation? If so, we would like to have a conversation with you about your career aspirations and how they align with our bold vision and ambitious goals to deliver leading edge care close to home.
Our Shared Purpose: Build healthier communities. Shape the future of healthcare.
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Southlake Regional Health Centre is a full-service hospital with a regional, clinically advanced focus. We provide our communities with care right from birth to end of life and in addition, we provide top-notch services such as cardiac and cancer care across York Region and Simcoe-Muskoka. We do this through innovative partnerships and amazing people, who represent every aspect of our many services. With a team of more than 3,000 employees, 580 physicians and more than 900 volunteers, Southlake is committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $200.5 million dollars has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of the community, hundreds of volunteers, the Southlake Family and our incredible donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, and patient programs, all for the goal of providing leading edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: www.southlakefoundation.ca
The strategic lead for annual fundraising and donor experience, the Director of Development will develop and deliver a revitalized and robust annual fundraising program and provide inspired support to the Senior Leadership Team, volunteers and staff who are engaged in annual program fundraising.
The Director of Development will be a proven professional with a broad range of both strategic and hands-on fundraising experience, including direct gift solicitation, fundraising event leadership (including third party, peer-to-peer and signature events), annual and monthly giving, sponsorship, donor recognition and stewardship, donor communications and marketing, and donor cultivation.
The successful candidate will be an agile strategic thinker able to maximize and leverage opportunities. With an entrepreneurial spirit, the Director will seek revenue growth and encourage the development of a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
Key job accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of an annual fund development plan
- Working with the VP, Marketing and Community Engagement, to whom this position will report, achieve annual fundraising targets
- Oversee and manage all annual fundraising events and special projects and identify new opportunities through research, networking, marketplace and sector intelligence
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to develop mission-driven fundraising events, initiatives and their supporting materials and communications to donors to inspire participation and support
- Develop and manage a donor relations program to deliver a gold standard acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship experience that bolsters affinity and loyalty
- Identify and secure partnerships and sponsorships that align with Southlake’s brand and revenue objectives
- Oversee donor relations and ensure all contractual deliverables are met
- Prepare ROI measurement analysis and activation reports for sponsors and donors
- Develop and manage fundraising and events budgets
- Maintain a donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Ensure accurate and complete tracking of all sources of revenue
- Draft and execute agreements and contracts with sponsors and partners
- Provide leadership to the Foundation Team as a senior fundraising professional
- Senior fundraising and management experience, in the healthcare sector an asset but not required
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable working with uncertainty and ambiguity created by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the NFP sector
- Demonstrated experience and proven fundraising success with all aspects of annual fundraising and donor relations
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiating and solicitation skills
- Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising approaches and initiatives
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and fundraising software platforms (Raiser’s Edge)
- Familiarity with both individual project and departmental budget and financial processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and cultivate partnerships
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders and to represent the organization in a variety of settings
- Experience in program planning and design and the ability to engage constructively in strategic planning processes
- Excellent collaborative and process-management experience in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail
- CFRE designation is an asset
As the successful candidate you must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
If you have the qualifications, commitment, and passion to join us and raise the bar for healthcare philanthropy in our communities, we would like to hear from you. It is an exciting time to be at Southlake. Southlake Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including a benefits package that with a defined-benefit pension program. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If interested, please apply with covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you not to hesitate as applications will be reviewed as they are received.