Posted On: 2021-04-29
Closing On: 2021-05-13
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Advancement
University Advancement (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise serving the priorities of Ryerson’s academic plan. Our mission is to build lifelong relationships, engaging alumni and friends, faculty and staff, and corporations and foundations, and matching their interests with the needs and priorities of the university. University Advancement at Ryerson is a dedicated team of professionals, committed to collaboration, diversity, and integrity, and to being trustworthy stewards of our donors’ investments.
About the Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science (FOS) at Ryerson University is a powerhouse of leading-edge applied research and education located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We deliver high-quality education that produces workforce-ready graduates and we conduct vital research that improves the quality of lives around the globe. The Faculty of Science is committed to interdisciplinary teaching and research across our four departments - physics, chemistry and biology, computer science, and mathematics - to prepare students for a career in the lab, the emergency room, and beyond. To learn more about the faculty, visit www.ryerson.ca/science/ and search @RyersonSci on Twitter and ryersonsci Instagram.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director of Development (ADOD) to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of major gift prospects and developing and implementing plans for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of such gifts. The candidate will ensure proper stewardship takes place following a gift to maintain the donor’s involvement, interest and support. They will also oversee the planning and execution of related events, manage work plans and calendars.
The Associate Director of Development will support the cultivation and solicitation activities of volunteers. They will also assist in the researching and writing of proposals, grant applications and other fundraising materials as it relates to individual, foundation and corporate prospects in supporting Ryerson’s fundraising goals.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in a related field and three (3) years to five (5) years experience of progressively responsible fundraising and development management experience preferably in an educational environment.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to identify and implement major gift strategic planning and solicitation strategies.
- Must possess a working knowledge of complex information systems, prospect tracking, research, tax laws, basic financial planning and deferred giving programs.
- Experience with documentation and presentation preparation related to fundraising strategy.
- Experience managing and training volunteers and volunteer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the University.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and creativity and imagination.
- Exceptional interpersonal/social interaction skills.
- Prospect identification skills, knowledge of research methodology and skills in the evaluation, rating and moves management of prospects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, especially in the area of proposal writing and interaction with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the use of a fundraising database and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Interested candidates please apply online.