Posted On: 2021-05-03
Closing On: 2021-05-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
*IMPORTANT: please see application instructions below*
UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute as well as their respective research arms (Krembil Research Institute, McEwen Stem Cell Institute, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute and KITE) and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network (UHN), which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. UHN is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. Toronto General Hospital was named one of the 10 best hospitals in the world in a global ranking. Additionally, for the ninth year in a row, UHN is ranked #1 in the list of Canada’s Top 40 Research Hospitals. The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with UHN stakeholders. We are committed to supporting UHN's vision to create a healthier world by embodying our values of excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and a donor-centeric approach.
The UHN Foundation is currently seeking a Development Manager & Special Projects Officer.
The Development Manager & Special Projects Officer will be a member of the Major Gifts team, and will report to the Associate Director, Major Gifts.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing a high level of administrative and strategic support to enhance the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities of the Associate Director, Major Gifts. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring prospect activities and reporting are conducted in a well-organized and efficient manner including the management and oversight of prospects in the range of $100,000 - $1M+ on behalf of the Associate Director, Major Gifts. The incumbent must have exceptional time management skills with a calm and positive demeanor in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while managing multiple projects and priorities. The incumbent will also be responsible for overseeing specialized fundraising projects and other duties as assigned.
Duties & responsiblities
- Assist the Associate Director, Major Gifts with senior administrative and strategic support
- Prospect and donor management and coordination on behalf of the Associate Director, Major Gifts, ensuring that cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes and procedures are maintained and optimized
- Develop, manage and coordinate multifaceted documents including correspondence, meeting notes, strategic briefs, proposals, reports and any other special reports as required by Associate Director, Major Gifts
- Exercise good judgement in decision-making in a busy working environment, ensuring that attention to detail is demonstrated at all times
- Is a project manager at heart who can manage multiple activities, multiple stakeholders and problem-solve to ensure activities stay on track
- Proactively anticipates challenges and provides solutions, prioritizing incoming issues and concerns and communicating closely with Associate Director, Major Gifts, the Major Gifts team and senior leadership as required
- Acts as a main contact between the Associate Director, Major Gifts and volunteer leadership, physicians and other hospital stakeholders to provide development support
- Manages and conducts special fundraising and other projects as determined by the Associate Director, Major Gifts
- Performs cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification as required
- University degree
- Demonstrated major gift development experience
- 5 – 7 years of involvement in a staff fundraising role with a proven track record of success
- Proven ability to work at a high level with senior staff and volunteers. There is frequent interaction with the CEO, senior leadership within the Foundation and hospitals, Board of Directors and other senior volunteers and donors
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, tact, diplomacy and maturity
- Unquestionable integrity, sense of judgement and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results oriented environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision, produce accurate work and ensure established deadlines are met
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures and computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, database and spreadsheet software, and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, is an asset
- Proven ability to motivate and manage others, such as volunteers and staff
- Project management experience in a large and complex organization is a definite asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: Kelle Courage, Director, Talent & Volunteer Management at Kelle.Courage@uhn.ca
Closing Date: May 14, 2021
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.