Posted On: 2021-05-03
Closing On: 2021-05-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
*IMPORTANT: please see application instructions below*
UHN Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute as well as their respective research arms (Krembil Research Institute, McEwen Stem Cell Institute, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute and KITE) and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network (UHN), which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. UHN is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. Toronto General Hospital was named one of the 10 best hospitals in the world in a global ranking. Additionally, for the ninth year in a row, UHN is ranked #1 in the list of Canada’s Top 40 Research Hospitals. The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with UHN stakeholders. We are committed to supporting UHN's vision to create a healthier world by embodying our values of excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and a donor-centric approach.
About the role
UHN Foundation is currently seeking a Development Coordinator, Community Giving to join the Community Giving team. In any given year, approximately 90% of the Foundation’s donors come through Community Giving programs this role is a pivotal piece of a very active team.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Giving, the successful candidate will work closely to support activities of the immediate Community Giving team, as well coordinate and collaborate on processes with colleagues across the larger organization. The role requires a self-starter with an inquisitive outlook, exceptional interpersonal, customer service and communication skills. Strong time management and organizational skills are a necessity if the staff member is to successfully navigate the many priorities and stakeholders. Given the volume of interactions with donors, patients, hospital staff and foundation colleagues, the role requires a well-spoken professional who demonstrates courtesy and patience, and thrives in a donor-facing environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide timely and thoughtful responses to a multitude of constituent needs related to their giving, general inquiries and concerns.
- Responsible for a high-volume of telephone and email interactions with donors, patients and hospital staff, managing our general phone and email support lines.
- Working closely with our Records Administration Team, ensure our CRM, Raise’s Edge, is accurately updated based on donor contact preference requests.
- Lead for monthly donor administration; working closely with the Direct Response program lead.
- Responsible for administration of Gift-in-Kind donations, including responding to inquiries and facilitating appraisals.
- Provide a range of administrative support to the Community Giving team and Associate Vice-President, Community Giving & Business Intelligence including organizing and scheduling team meetings, invoice processing and expense tracking for the Community Giving tea.
- General administrative duties including data entry and filing.
- Additional tasks as required.
- University or College degree, or equivalent.
- 4 years work experience in a corporate/professional environment, with a preference for charity/non-profit experience; this includes a minimum of 2 years in customer or donor-facing role.
- A professional attitude and demeanor; ability to positively represent our foundation when communicating with a variety of stakeholders including donors, patients and staff.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to understand nuance and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Solution-focused, with a knack for anticipating issues before they arise.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online, or similar fundraising CRM/online databases, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities with Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment; able to establish priorities, balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge of fundraising professional standards and ethics.
- Maturity, tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Since March 2020, the Foundation has been working remotely. This role will continue to be virtual until it has been deemed safe to return to in-person work. This position plays a vital role supporting onsite donor services and office operational needs, therefore once it has been deemed safe, and the Foundation re-opens their offices, the successful candidate will be expected to work at one of our Foundation offices located in downtown Toronto at Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital or Toronto Rehab Institute
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: Kelle Courage, Director, Talent & Volunteer Management at Kelle.Courage@uhn.ca
Closing Date: May 14, 2021
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.