Posted On: 2021-05-07
Closing On: 2021-06-15
Location: Anywhere in Canada
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not-for-profit, humanitarian organization is seeking a Manager, Donor Impact and Stewardship to join our Philanthropy team. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world recognized brand, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
Reporting to the Acting Director, Donor Impact and Stewardship, the Manager, Donor Impact and Stewardship supports the Canadian Red Cross Philanthropy & Marketing team to excellence in all donor stewardship across relationship channels, with an emphasis on the Principal Giving audience. You will be responsible for the stewardship cycle for the most important donors and largest gifts to the Canadian Red Cross, creating high-level, meaningful stewardship products for the Society’s donors that demonstrate giving impact and accountability.
The Manager, Donor Impact and Stewardship will ensure the creation of content, messaging, and programming in service to the work of partners in major gifts, planned giving, corporate partnerships, granting foundations and community engagement. Steeped in knowledge of the inner-workings of the Red Cross’ programs and services, and in collaboration with the Transformational Giving leadership, you will produce content for a varied portfolio of print, digital, and programming projects, including narrative and financial stewardship reports, leadership correspondence, donor proposals, event programming, key messaging and collateral, gift acknowledgements, custom mementoes for donors, newsletters, gift announcements, and volunteer committee materials.
Using their considerable skills and experience, you will also act as the key subject matter expert in the program areas within the Red Cross, both existing and those that evolve with the organization.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter who sees opportunities, drives innovation, and creates value
- You are supportive, and productive team member, and preferably can demonstrate a high level of awesomeness
- You excel in a matrix environment and will understand and value the need to work collaboratively with colleagues in a structure that is designed around the philosophy of “One Red Cross”.
- You are a dynamic, experienced professional who embraces the fast-paced environment of an organization that responds to the key issues of our time.
- You pay attention to detail, have a positive professional attitude, and the ability to work interdependently with colleagues from various programs
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will have the opportunity to grow and learn through meaningful work at one of Canada’s largest non-profit organizations that supports emergencies and saves lives
In this role you will:
- Produce high-impact donor stewardship materials for key donor audiences by:
- Ensuring a consistent and cohesive strategy in the creation, development and execution of donor communication products that support the Red Cross’ relationships with its most critical donors.
- Managing a calendarized reporting cycle to ensure stewardship reports are delivered to funders in a timely manner and in accordance with gift agreements.
- Working with colleagues in finance and programs, including department heads and managers, to gather, synthesize, and organize programmatic information for donor reporting purposes.
- Act as a face of Philanthropy & Marketing to Red Cross programs/services colleagues by:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships at various levels of the organization, across all program areas as relates to principal giving donors.
- Working with all programs and services of the Red Cross and all Philanthropy & Marketing teams to translate the Society’s vision into gift opportunities that will inspire donors to make commitments and investments in the CRC.
- Collaborating with philanthropy colleagues to strategize how to best present opportunities to existing and potential donors, including proposal development
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Philanthropy, Journalism
- 8 - 10 years of progressive, relevant experience in fundraising content, content strategy, development, and execution
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction in the development of best-in-class engagement materials to donors, customers, clients, employees or a mix thereof
- Superior knowledge of philanthropy and marketing principles as they relate to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Ability to act as a bridge builder to develop strong cross-functional relationships
- Excellent management and team building skills with demonstrated supervision and leadership qualities, superior interpersonal and public relations skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational, planning and hands-on implementation skills
- Demonstrated project management and strong presentation skills
- The ability to manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands and priorities
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset
- Passion for driving results, with a bias for action
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
$70,534 - $84,981
Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.