Posted On: 2021-05-12
Closing On: 2021-06-12
Location: Vaughan, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB DESCRIPTION - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time **Flexible/Virtual work arrangements available
LOCATION: 4300 Steeles Avenue West, #18, Woodbridge, On.
SALARY: $100,000.00 -$120,000.00
ABOUT CREATING ALTERNATIVES:
Creating Alternatives provides meaningful and person directed supports to people with developmental disabilities based on their individualized goals. Creating Alternatives works collaboratively with the person, their families and their Network of Support and Friendship to identify, develop and create unique opportunities for the person to live their best life. We achieve this through partnerships and collaboration with public sector and private sector organizations, which are developed and fostered to create unique responses based on the hopes, plans and dreams of the person.
The Creating Alternatives, Executive Director (ED) directly reports to the Board of Directors, and provides pivotal leadership to the Program Development Team, to implement the organizations strategic plan. The position is responsible for day-to-day operating activities including participation in the development and execution of operations, and the strategic plan to enhance partnerships, build networks within private and public sectors and support organizational growth. All activities and responsibilities of this role fall under the mandate to provide the highest quality of service to people and families.
This role will contribute to the execution of the strategic plan and implement necessary changes and improvements to the current structure, to enhance governance, accountability and leadership. This role will be responsible for improving quality and successfully becoming an accredited organization.
This role directly oversees the work of the team leaders and works collaboratively with a team, including but not limited to social work, finance & administration, human resources, and facilities management.
Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Leads and actively participates, as a key member of the senior leadership team, in the strategic planning efforts to develop the future of the organization and establish operational goals and objectives;
- Collaborates in establishing priorities and plans for implementation. Monitors progress and holds leadership accountable for accomplishment of the goals in the agreed timeframes and within budgets;
- Advises the Board on strategic program development, planning and compliance issues, and making recommendations on major program decisions;
- Has a deep understanding of the Developmental Services Sector and various levels of Government including Federal, Provincial and Municipal government sectors;
- Achieves the organizational alignment and demonstrated behaviors required to implement breakthrough objectives;
- Helps to determine resource allocation among programs, locations, and residences to ensure optimal Quality of Care and Safety;
- Organizes and monitors the effective utilization of program consultants associated with the organization.
Growth & Development
- Foster and develop new relationships within the private and public sector;
- Create formal strategic partnerships to enhance program opportunities and support revenue growth;
- Develops programs anchored in people’s goals plans and dreams to support a meaningful life;
- Consults and collaborates with community partners in ongoing program growth and development;
- Develop operational and revenue goals to increase revenue and funding for each program that are realistic and tied to long-term goals;
- Helps to determine resource allocation among programs to ensure optimal support;
- Challenges basic assumptions underlying each program’s operations;
- Works with the leadership team to develop, establish and direct execution of operating policies to support Creating Alternative’s organizational objectives.
Governance and Accountabilities
- Leads the process and executes the deliverables toward Accreditation;
- Open and effective communication to Board, as well as other staff and outside agencies;
- Leads in implementing change to internal culture, helping to move to a culture of kindness;
- Develops and coordinates all activities and supports required to ensure compliance with Ministry of Children Community & Social Services, Quality Assurance Measures (QAM);
- Adheres to Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and legislation programs focusing on developing, establishing, and creating effective measures and procedures for the health and safety of people and families;
- Maintains ongoing communication with family/guardians of clients who are supported through Creating Alternatives, to ensure the understanding of organizational policies and procedures;
- Keeps the Board informed regarding delivery of key program activities, potential threats, opportunities and operating policies to support the organizations policies and objectives;
- Leads and/or participates in committees that support the work of the Board of Directors;
- Conducts risks assessments and reports risks discovered to the Board.
Finance & Budget Accountability
- Develop an annual budget to support the operations of the program;
- Ensures adherence to annual budgets;
- Detailed understanding of profit and loss and builds and implements strategies to balance the budget;
- Identifies opportunities to further generate and sustain revenue to support operational, program and organization growth.
Leadership & Succession
- Transformational and agile leader that can adapt to environmental changes and proactively identify opportunities to enhance the team and future of the organization;
- Strategic thinker that focuses on strengths of people and aligns strengths to operational opportunities;
- Serves as a resource to the leadership team in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of new programs utilizing evidence based and best practices;
- Mentors staff to provide professional development and skills training to better maintain and increase the skillsets of the team;
- Develop and support the leadership team to enhance retention and infuse new knowledge and expertise to the organization.
Performance & Evaluation
- Builds and maintains an organizational culture where performance matters;
- Develops and approves Key Performance Indicators and metrics for front line staff;
- Conducts regular meetings with leadership team to negotiate operational objectives, performance goals, and promote a culture of inclusion and belonging;
- Drives and incorporates the use of data analytics and data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- A Master’s degree in Leadership, Social Services, Business or related field an asset;
- A minimum of seven (7-10) years of leadership experience, including at least five (5) years of management/supervisory experience in a developmental services organization;
- Ability to develop and manage an annual budget;
- A visible leader with an approachable, personable and optimistic demeanor and the ability to engage, empower and motivate others;
- Expert verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in presentation, and a record of professional presentations and publications;
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to develop and use metrics for program evaluation;
- An energetic, organized leader with the ability to stay on task with multiple priorities;
- The ability to develop an effective team with a shared vision and success in achieving goals, objectives, and collaborative practice;
- Experience with people with diverse support needs.
All interested applicants are requested to submit their interest to the attention of Kelly Casey at email@example.com by June 30, 2021.