Posted On: 2021-05-13
Closing On: 2021-06-11
Employment Type: Contract
Position details: 18-month contract
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Manager, Digital Fundraising to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 14 million hectares (more than 35 million acres) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
NCC’s Marketing & Development department is seeking a strong team leader who is passionate about nature conservation and digital marketing to join as the Manager, Digital Fundraising. In this role, the Manager, Digital Fundraising will report to the Director, Integrated Marketing & Fundraising and oversee the digital arm of NCC’s Integrated Marketing & Fundraising team, leading three (3) digital channel experts to execute fundraising campaigns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the digital team’s overall scope of work, ensuring all planned digital activities deploy on time, on budget, and achieve targeted fundraising results. In addition to the digital marketing team, the individual will work closely with internal stakeholders across the organization as well as external developers, partners, and specialists in order to execute digital marketing and fundraising activities for the organization. They will also oversee all strategic relationships with external partners who build or deploy content across digital channels or support the various digital platforms used by NCC.
The Manager, Digital Fundraising will ensure that donor-centricity is present in all aspects of NCC’s digital fundraising efforts. The individual will assess NCC’s various digital assets and platforms, ensuring they offer donors an engaging and user-friendly experience.
The individual will also be expected to set revenue and expense targets for NCC’s annual digital activities and should have experience managing, reviewing, and reporting on budgets.
- University degree or requirement
- 5-7 years digital marketing experience
- 1-3 years managing direct reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and fundraising best practices
- Ability to share marketing best practices with team members and further educate direct reports
- Demonstrates analytical mentality and critical thinking
- Strong understanding of user experience/user interface (UX/UI)
- Strong project management and/or process management background
- Vendor management experience
- Budgeting experience
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office Suite, plus Sharepoint or other file sharing libraries
- Comfortable working virtually with team members over MS Teams, or other virtual meeting software
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Engaging Networks, and/or Shopify preferred
- CFRE or other digital marketing or fundraising credentials preferred
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre: https://1.adp.com/zN9QyMJdhMu
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.