Posted On: 2021-05-21
Closing On: 2021-06-11
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to tackle the pandemic and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians, and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with the number 1 ranked community hospital in Canada and one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding the team in philanthropy, communications, business intelligence and donor analytics in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
As we wrap up our $180 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for additional strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are o changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
The Planned Giving Officer is responsible for connecting with individuals (donors, prospects, professional advisors and colleagues) to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and future gifts using gift planning vehicles.
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships, this role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of the Planned Giving program. In addition, this position will also be responsible for growing the family and individual foundation giving portfolio.
- Actively manage a portfolio of 80-100 planned giving prospects. This includes cold calling those associated with our hospital and donor visits to cultivate, solicit and steward
- Provide ongoing relationship management to donors
- Work cross functionally amongst all teams to identify and diversify funding resources to develop new Planned Giving prospects
- Manage the estate portfolio including tracking, scheduling and reporting on the status of estates under administration
- Effective management of financial planning professionals including estate trustees, lawyers and family members to ensure smooth and timely execution of estate plans
- Proactive engagement with experts in the insurance and investment sectors to identify new opportunities for NYGF and to bring planned giving options forward to prospects
- Support and execute annual campaigns to acquire current planned gifts and gifts in life within specific target areas
- Support strategy for the stewardship and continued cultivation of existing planned giving donors in conjunction with the Donor Experience team
- Act as internal resource on gift and estate planning for other Foundation staff and volunteers
- Consult with professional advisors with respect to gift and estate planning issues for the Foundation and their clients
- Manage a portfolio of 50 – 75 foundation prospects to grow the foundation giving program
- Ensure data integrity in the donor database to support the measurement of key performance indictors
Relationship and Alliance Building:
- Build, develop, and maintain effective and mutually beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders within NYGH and the Foundation, building awareness and gaining support to further the goals and objectives of the Foundation
- Attend and participate at various Foundation recognition and fundraising events
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, 5+ experience in fundraising with focus on gift and estate planning
- Proven track record soliciting and closing planned gifts
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or relational databases an asset, ensuring appropriate prospect/donor documentation
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi task
- A go-getter, team player and relationship builder
- Ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Creative, resourceful, cost-efficient and intuitively driven
- Ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors, and senior level volunteers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Organized, detailed oriented, with strong follow through
How to Apply
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a flexible working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that is the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by June 11th. Please reference “Planned Giving Officer” in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.