Posted On: 2021-05-25
Closing On: 2021-06-25
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is an innovative fundraising organization committed to connecting with our west-end community and supporting our St. Joe’s Promise to look after the unique health needs of our 500,000 neighbours. This Promise is rooted in a century-long tradition of community care begun in 1921 by our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph.
We have grown in recent years to be a leading community hospital foundation with a dedicated team and a strong and engaged board of directors. In 2019, we announced reaching a milestone of $100M raised through our Promise campaign.
We are looking for someone with firsthand knowledge of the west-end, someone who is looking to work for an organization that is a pillar in our community, and, ideally, is close to their heart.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Development Officer, collaborates on developing and executing strategies to support the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of St. Joseph’s intermediate and major gift donors.
The Development Officer will manage a portfolio of donors and prospects generating philanthropic commitments of $25,000 or more from individuals and foundations that are central to the success of the institution’s fundraising revenues.
The Development Officer is a frontline fundraiser with specific revenue goals they are responsible for realizing on an annual basis and thus expected to spend the bulk of their time meeting with prospective donors. The Development Officer is part of the major gifts team working closely with the President and Vice President and she/he will support the work of this group in a variety of ways.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manages portfolio of 75 to 100 major and intermediate gift prospects through the donor cycle including conducting one-on-one meetings with prospects to secure donors and gifts of $25,000 and more
- Develops and supports groups of west-end influencers tasked with raising major gifts funds and critical awareness from their networks
- Supports major gift activities as part of the Foundation’s existing events and activities
- Supports leadership team by preparing strategies and briefing notes for calls and completion of call follow-up
- Works in collaboration with the VP, Development to set goals and develop plans
- Works closely with other departments as required in furthering the goals of the Foundation
The position requires the following the ability to:
- Actively and continuously engage with priority west-end communities and build strong relationships with these groups
- Ability to write letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, proposals, and other donor correspondence; develop customized solicitation tools; write talking points for events and meetings
- Ability to prepare detailed briefing materials for senior leadership for cultivation or solicitation meetings or events
- Ability to prepare briefing and debriefing notes, letters and other documentation to support the closing of gifts.
- Excite people by effectively communicating the Foundation’s vision
- Strong organizational skills and professional demeanour
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Maintain confidential and privileged information with discretion
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of all gift, solicitation and donor information in Raiser’s Edge (CRM)
- Focus on project outcomes, identify challenges, and quickly adapt tactics as necessary
- Use MS Office applications
- Strong team player with a good sense of humour and ability to have fun
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position and foundation, we invite you to apply by 5:00pm Friday, June 25 via the Unity Health website: https://unityhealth.to/careers/
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis before the application deadline closes.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in the years to come!