Digital Fundraising Specialist
100 years ago, Canadians discovered insulin.
100 years later even more Canadians have diabetes than ever before. Diabetes or prediabetes affects 1 in 3 Canadians. 1 in 2 young adults will develop diabetes in their remaining lifetime.
We can’t wait another 100 years to End Diabetes – so join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
About the Digital Fundraising Specialist Role:
The Digital Fundraising Specialist supports the strategic development and implementation of all digital fundraising initiatives for the national Donor Response Marketing program, including coordinating and delivering all digital elements of multi-channel donor and acquisition campaigns for direct response, monthly, mid-level and tribute donors.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Donor Response Marketing, the Digital Fundraising Specialist works closely with the Manager and Senior Coordinator, Donor Response Marketing, as well as a wide variety of internal colleagues and external vendors to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive digital fundraising strategy to drive annual revenue and optimize donor engagement.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Assists in the development and implementation of digital fundraising strategies and online donor journeys to support lead generation, drive acquisition and improve donor retention
- Supports the development of online fundraising initiatives, including SEO/SEM, paid social and email campaigns, and the digital components of all multi-channel fundraising campaigns, from strategy through to execution
- Provides recommendations around digital segmentation, testing, and new audience strategies, to maximize revenue and optimize prospect and donor engagement efforts
- Develops and implements effective tracking and appeal coding systems for all digital fundraising campaigns and assets, providing technical oversight and guidance to internal colleagues and external vendors, to confirm campaign operational support requirements are met
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising campaigns, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reports from external vendors, and developing any internal campaign reporting tools needed to enable effective internal reporting and analysis on campaign results
- Responsible for tracking and management of digital campaign and project budgets, and assists in the development of the digital components of the annual DRM budget, coordinating with external vendors as needed for budget input requirements
- Oversees, updates and maintains all direct response digital fundraising assets including donation forms, donation acknowledgment communications, campaign landing pages, donation vanity URLs and (in partnership with the Marketing and Communications team) DRM donation related pages and donate links on diabetes.ca
- Functions as the primary day-to-day internal contact for external vendors supporting digital fundraising campaigns and initiatives, including the digital media agency, and provides oversight to all digital campaigns in-market, escalating concerns as needed
- Collaborates with the Marketing & Communications team to foster a strong, symbiotic working relationship, which facilitates identifying and optimizing opportunities to integrate fundraising messaging into digital marketing assets and communications, and provide a fundraising perspective within the organization’s broader digital communication strategy
- Stays current on best practices and trends in the digital sector, bringing forward opportunities to optimize current digital fundraising activities, and provides support on special projects and new digital initiatives as identified by the Executive Director, Donor Response Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in direct response fundraising, with particular focus on digital fundraising
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience working with external fundraising agencies and vendors
- Strong computer skills, with high level of comfort working in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM software an asset
- Experience with industry online fundraising platforms (such as Luminate Online, MailChimp, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of digital fundraising and marketing principles and best practices
- Highly motivated, solution-oriented, self-starter, able to identify new opportunities and resolve challenges to support driving results
- Detail-oriented with exceptional multitasking skills, able to manage multiple priorities, while ensuring timely delivery of projects
- Responsive, adaptable, and personable, comfortable working collaboratively as a key member in integrated, cross-functional project teams
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You
- A meaningful role in an organization that is making a direct impact on the fight to #EndDiabetes
- A rewarding career for you – see our Employee Value Proposition
- Be a member of a high-performing team with highly skilled colleagues
- Attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary and excellent benefits
- GoodLife corporate membership discount and other employee discounts
About the Application Process
- Apply directly to email@example.com
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.