Posted On: 2021-05-31
Closing On: 2021-06-15
Location: Markham, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Development Associate (Full-Time)
TRACKING CODE: 5538
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development
Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation (MSHF) enables the growth of Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) by raising funds and awareness for its priorities and ongoing needs. We inspire to earn the generous support of every member of our community. Markham and Stouffville are the fastest growing regions in Canada and recently declared among the nation’s most diverse communities.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
WHAT WE NEED:
The Development Associate is an integral member of the Foundation’s development team supporting its strategic priority to drive revenue and build capacity in Leadership and Legacy Giving. The Development Associate will provide administrative and strategic fundraising support to the Vice President and work closely with the Development team to project-manage a wide range of fundraising activities in the Leadership and Legacy portfolios in support of the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE WITH US:
- Assist the Vice President with the daily management of donor prospect activities and work with Leadership & Legacy team to meet related portfolio and business plan deliverables
- Coordinate cultivation meetings with donors, prospects and volunteers and execute logistics and hospitality
- Arrange hospital tours as necessary with appropriate hospital staff and ensure ongoing engagement and stewardship of tour hosts, etc.
- Prepare meeting materials, agendas and minutes for fundraising committee meetings
- Work with the Development team to support the work of key leadership volunteers
- Participate in and support monthly Prospect Management Meetings
- Work with the appropriate teams to prepare and coordinate fundraising materials such as funding proposals, briefing notes, cultivation/solicitation packages, stewardship/impact reports and other collateral materials
- Work with the appropriate teams to coordinate cultivation and stewardship events related to the Leadership & Legacy portfolios
- Update donor and prospect information and run various pipeline reports in Raiser’s Edge
- Undertake special research projects as needed to support fundraising activities
- Track expenses and budget activities for Leadership & Legacy portfolios
- Work collaboratively with other Foundation departments and model behavior that encourages a mutually supportive team environment that provides exceptional donor service and delivers the highest standards of excellence and ethics in every donor interaction
- Other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO MSHF:
- Minimum college or university degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience as a fundraising team member with time spent in major gifts functions
- Strong administrative, research, project management and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a diverse workload, attention to accuracy and details and able to manage tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office suite software including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Takes initiative, team oriented
MSH Foundation offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience plus comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume by June 15, 2021 at https://jobs-ca.silkroad.com/MarkhamStouffville/mshcareerssilkroadcom/jobs/7510
Markham Stouffville Hospital takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one’s personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.