Posted On: 2021-05-31
Closing On: 2021-06-16
Location: Sick Kids Foundation
Employment Type: Full-Time
SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT
FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DIRECTOR, MAJOR GIFTS
Sick Kids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health- care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids.
SickKids Foundation is committed to creating an inclusive culture where expressing your authentic self is celebrated. This includes embedding diversity and inclusion in our policies, practices, and behaviours, to build skills, knowledge and awareness of diversity and inclusion across the Foundation and with our external partners. The Foundation is committed to fostering a safe, accessible, and positive working environment.
For further information on SickKids Foundation's commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, Click here to read our Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Commitment statement.
Thanks to our donors, in the fiscal year that ended March 31, 2021, SickKids Foundation raised $170 million in child health research, learning and care. We’re winning, because every day we continue to fight, and we’re committed to attracting to our team other passionate individuals who will contribute to our goal of making every kid a healthy kid. It is within this context that SickKids Foundation welcomes applications for the role of Director, Major Gifts.
POSITION STATUS: Permanent full-time
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Director, Major Gifts will have an extraordinary opportunity to lead a significant revenue stream within what is a historic $1.5 billion comprehensive fundraising campaign for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids). The Director is one of three Major Gifts leaders who will provide overall leadership in collaboration with the Vice- President, Major Gifts, to the Foundation’s Major Gifts Program, attracting donors with the potential to give $50,000 plus per year to support the work of The Hospital for Sick Children. The Director will report to the Vice-President, Major Gifts, and will develop and implement annual and long-range plans to cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors and major gift donor prospects. The Director, Major Gifts will lead and inspire a team of major gift fundraisers, drive specific projects within the Major Gifts team, and will work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization.
- Work with volunteers, donors, and senior staff to set and exceed ambitious fundraising goals;
- Manage a personal pool of donors and prospects (approximately 100-125), and exceed personal fundraising goals (annual fundraising goal of $10M+);
- Drive transformational gift strategies at the $5M+ level, working with senior Hospital leadership, Foundation peers, and volunteers to close gifts;
- Manage a staff of experienced fundraisers, each of whom is responsible for a large pool of donors and donor prospects (collectively with a fundraising goal of $10M+);
- Be responsible for Major Gifts staff recruitment, orientation, training, objective setting, monitoring performance, and encouraging professional development for these staff;
- Work with a team of Campaign Cabinet and other volunteers, who will assist with the development of prospect identification, prospect qualification, and strategy, and donor cultivation and solicitation;
- Serve as Fundraising Lead for a Hospital or Foundation- identified funding priority, engaging colleagues across the Foundation to achieve targets;
- Work with the Stewardship and Donor Relations team to develop customized meaningful recognition and stewardship programs for donors in your and your team’s portfolio;
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships, Direct Marketing, Leadership Giving, and Events teams to identify and implement donor migration strategies from other fundraising portfolios to the Major Gifts Program, and vice versa;
- Work with Direct and Digital Marketing on a Leadership Giving Strategy to cultivate and migrate donors to the $50,000+ giving levels;
- Work with the Gift and Estate Planning team to identify and cultivate major gift donors who also have a capacity to make a planned gift;
- Ensure the information management system of the Foundation is fully utilized to effectively enter, track, and retrieve major gifts information;
- Commit to ongoing professional development through reading current literature, attending professional meetings, participating in professional associations, and developing working relationships with other professionals at other institutions;
- Collect comparative data and program information for the purposes of evaluation, benchmarking, and as a source of new ideas.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, plus a minimum of seven to ten years in the advancement field and at least five of those at a management level;
- A proven track record as an exceptional fundraiser, closing gifts at the seven-figure level and above, including complex gifts using a variety of giving vehicles;
- A proven track record of working with volunteers to drive Major Gift strategies and close gifts;
- A proven track record as a skilled people leader;
- The ability to work within a senior management team and with senior medical and administrative leaders;
- The ability to think strategically and work proactively managing competing priorities;
- Excellent donor and volunteer relations skills, with a keen sense of diplomacy;
- Superior writing and communications skills.
- The ability to think at a high level about hospital priorities;
- Experience as a leader creating and/or enhancing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
We value a unique perspective and encourage those who may have some of the above criteria (But not all) and a proven desire to learn new skills to apply.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
SALARY BAND: 6
To help you lead in the fight for kid's health and to support your health, wellness, and career growth, in addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package (includes a flex benefit plan), tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements, pension plan, and birth parent/ parental top-up - to name a few!
HOURS: 35- hour work week Monday to Friday
DATE POSTED: May 26, 2021
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
DEADLINE: June 16, 2021
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Please apply online by visiting our website: www.sickkidsfoundation.com
SickKids Foundation is committed to its people --- the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee. As an organization proud to have joined the BlackNorth Initiative’s CEO pledge, we uphold our commitment by inviting and encouraging individuals from diverse lived experiences from Black, Indigenous, communities of colour, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2IA+ and all candidates who may contribute to the further diversification of the Foundation’s community.
Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department at: HR@sickkidsfoundation.com