Posted On: 2021-06-02
Closing On: 2021-08-04
Location: Barrie, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Make each life better. Together. Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH), located in Barrie, Ontario, provides safe, high-quality care for residents across a large geographical region including Simcoe County and the District of Muskoka. The area is home to more than 450,000 residents, with half of RVH’s patients living outside the City of Barrie. As a regional health centre in the beautiful region of North Simcoe Muskoka, RVH provides highly specialized regional services, and technology.
We’ve been caring for our community since 1897 when the very first RVH opened in Barrie. But one thing hasn’t changed in over a century. RVH is about people. They are at the centre of all we do and it’s that culture of caring that is the hallmark of RVH. Our strategic plan is rooted in a philosophy we call MY CARE, wherein every patient has a right to expect the best possible experience in our health centre. Always. Every day. And without exception.
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Foundation (RVHF) is proud of our contribution to patient Care. We are currently in a 10 year - $100 Million Campaign to support RVH’s visionary Master Plan. Join our dynamic team and become part of this epic philanthropic initiative. The Philanthropy Officer will work with philanthropists to match their vision with the needs of RVH and together you will contribute to RVH’s superior patient care. RVHF has a great track record - completing two back-to-back major campaigns totaling $60 million . This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next innovation as much as the last one. Please refer to the RVH website www.foundation.rvh.on.ca/ for additional information.
The Philanthropy Officer is responsible for an annual philanthropy program of approximately $ 1.5 M annually (as part of a $4.5 M pledge and cash production program). The main objective of the position is to work with donors to help them fulfill their philanthropic goal. This objective will be achieved by building personal contacts that cultivates a close ongoing relationship with RVH. The incumbent will work with peers to identify major gift prospects via donors giving through other programs.
Ultimately the Philanthropy Officer plays a key role in guiding relationships that fulfill both the needs of the donor and the needs of our patients. The position will work with approximately 100 donors annually in all stages of relationships including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. These donors generously give between $5,000 and $500,000.
Ensure a positive donor experience by:
• Cultivating, stewarding and managing a portfolio of donor & volunteer relationships;
• Identifying donors/community members who are appropriate for expanded relationships;
• Reaching out to donors to engage them in the RVH mission;
• Conducting 10-15 prospect visits per month;
• Cultivating physician and staff relationships; engage as donors and develop their potential to identify grateful patient prospects;
• Moving donors through customized relationship plans that includes informing them about RVH as well as inquiring about their personal interests;
• Preparing donor call plans and coordinates staff and volunteers as required;
• Matching donor needs with RVH’s needs and asking them to support RVH;
• Ensuring ongoing stewardship activities appropriate for the donor;
• Recognizing donors for accomplishments both within and outside of RVH;
• Recording, tracking and reporting on stewardship and donor cultivation activities;
• Preparing donor correspondence: thank you letters, stewardship updates, proposals, gift agreements;
• Providing professional volunteer management for fundraising volunteers, including preparation and review of research & briefing notes to support volunteer call activity.
• Participate in Philanthropy Team strategy, prospect clearance and pipeline management meetings.
• Participate in Foundation events for cultivation, stewardship and fundraising purposes including weeknight and weekend events
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation
1. University degree, College diploma/certificate or equivalent post-secondary education and experience in annual fundraising or business.
2. CFRE preferred, or demonstration of commitment to obtain CFRE designation.
1. Five (5) years proven experience and results in raising funds for charities
2. Proven experience in identifying opportunities for donor engagement and successfully securing support
3. Data base management preferably Raisers Edge, NXT
1. A solid understanding of philanthropy and experience in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors
2. Responsive to donor needs and understands that active listening and asking the right questions secures donor support
3. Understands the importance of documenting donor interactions in order to create individualized relationship plans
4. Understand the importance of an integrated fundraising program and the role of community leaders who activate major gifts. Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and creativity and problem-solving capabilities.
5. Ability to use sound judgment and always maintain discretion and confidentiality.
6. Strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
7. Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Raiser’s Edge, NXT.
8. Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources enhanced by problem solving capabilities.
9. Strong customer service-oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities.
10. Strong verbal and written communications
RVH is committed to diversity and employment equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accommodation in the Workplace
RVH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process, and is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). RVH will work proactively through all stages of recruitment to create a barrier-free process and to provide accommodations as required. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at 705-739-5605.
The salary range is: $73,000 - $86,000
For more information on this exceptional opportunity, please contact Sharon Iadipaolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.