Posted On: 2021-06-04
Closing On: 2021-06-18
Employment Type: Full-Time
About our Foundation
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is the largest foundation in Canada dedicated to supporting childhood disability. Established in 1996 to inspire community interest and raise funds in support of Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, our focus is to improve the quality of life for children with disabilities. Located within the Hospital in Toronto, the Foundation has a staff of 25 full time professionals.
Thanks to generous donors, our Foundation raises over $14 million dollars annually for Holland Bloorview and supports the areas of research, quality of life programming, capacity building and client and family-centred care. It’s an exciting time at the Holland Bloorview Foundation as our team has embarked on our next chapter with fresh strategies to inspire community interest and raise funds to help Holland Bloorview create a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities.
Starting Salary: $60,000
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is seeking an experienced and energetic fundraising professional to join our team as the Officer, Individual Giving. This role plays a key part in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding Holland Bloorview donors. Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy and Public Engagement, the Officer, Individual Giving is responsible for planning and executing Holland Bloorview Foundation’s mid-level donor program ($1,000 – 9,999).
This position will work closely with all members of the Communications and Public Engagement (CPE) team and staff from across the organization. Holland Bloorview’s CPE team is comprised of both Hospital and Foundation colleagues. Working in unison, they build brand awareness, promote acceptance and inclusion of childhood disability, and engage the community to support philanthropic giving to Holland Bloorview.
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives to acquire, renew, and upgrade mid-level donors ($1,000-$9,999).
- Act as relationship manager for a portfolio of $1,000-$9,999 donors and prospects, including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Use a mix of phone, personal face-to-face, direct marketing (mail and email) solicitation and stewardship strategies for mid-level donors and prospects.
- Proactively use prospect identification, research and qualification processes to generate prospects and implement strategies to drive mid-level giving.
- In partnership with Manager, Annual Programs, and Director, Philanthropy, develop and implement a mid-level giving program to bridge gap between Annual Programs and Leadership Gifts.
- Ensure appropriate donor cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship plans and strategies are identified and implemented effectively and consistently for the mid-level donor segment.
- Conduct donor stewardship including personalized telephone calls, thank you letters, personalized cards, tour invitations, face-to-face meetings.
- Maintain accurate and consistent donor activity tracking in Raiser Edge, including call reporting, actions and database updates.
- Develop and track annual budget, including evaluating cost effectiveness of all activities.
- Monitor external trends in mid-level giving, community giving, staff giving and legacy giving in the non-profit sector.
- Work collaboratively with the other departments at the Foundation, Foundation Senior Management & Executive Management teams and Communications and Public Engagement team.
- Prepare briefing notes, letters, proposals, stewardship reports, and other materials.
- Manage relationships with external vendors as needed.
- A post-secondary degree or a combination of relevant comparable skills and experience
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience working in fundraising.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Combination of mail, phone, email and face-to-face fundraising success.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data to drive fundraising results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Proficient in the use of all corporate productivity tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Raiser’s Edge or other donor database management systems.
- Understanding of inclusive fundraising and accessibility practices an asset.
- Commitment to and understanding of the mission and values Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Join a world of possibility! Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is Canada's largest children's rehabilitation hospital focused on improving the lives of kids with disabilities. Our work environment is inspiring, innovative, collaborative and rooted in our organizational vision to create a world of possibility. We are a Top Employer for Young People, one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers, and offer competitive compensation, benefit packages and programs that support ongoing learning and professional growth.
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is committed to fostering a climate of equity and diversity and welcomes and respects the diversity of our clients, families, staff, trainees, volunteers, trustees, donors, and partners. As part of our commitment to fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices, we encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas within our community.
To apply, please visit https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities