Posted On: 2021-06-09
Closing On: 2021-06-21
Effective: Anticipated start date of 2021-07-12
Employment Type: Full-Time
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Strategic Philanthropy Lead, Individual and Corporate Giving to join our dynamic Public Affairs team, on a Temporary Full-Time 14-month maternity leave contract. In this role, you will be responsible for securing financial support to the organization through the establishment, growth and maintenance of philanthropic donor relationships . You will proactively develop and manage strategic relationships with individuals, corporations, associations and foundations on behalf of the organization, which will result in increased financial support, thereby enabling the organization to deliver on its strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated fundraising and development program to drive acquisition and incremental growth through mid-level and major gifts, corporate partnerships/sponsorships, and in-kind donations.
- Securing support for the organization through solicitation of major gifts ($5000 and greater) and tailored corporate sponsorships.
- Collaborating with the philanthropy team to manage all stewardship activities within a portfolio of individual and corporate donors, by leveraging reports through Raiser’s Edge database, tracking gift agreement deliverables, acknowledgements and receipts, and providing regular progress reports to financial supporters. Identifying sources of funding from regional charitable foundations, researching appropriate grant levels and developing proposals to secure funding.
- Ensuring effective management of relationships across the organization, to identify and execute opportunities for collaboration with divisions whose focus is recruitment of blood donors and stem cell recipients.
- Completing a detailed monthly review of revenue and key business indicators against budget to ensure accurate and timely reporting of revenue and expenses.
Education, Training and Experience
- University degree in a relevant subject area is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with not-for-profit organization(s) in a fundraising environment with increasing responsibility
- CFRE designation an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Canada Revenue Agency Receipting Guidelines
- Strong writing and communication skills specifically related to the creation of proposals, impact reports and donor stewardship touchpoints
- Strong relationship-building skills, with comfort soliciting and securing financial gifts
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Outlook, MS Teams), with ease working virtually
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software is essential
- Competitive base salary range of $90,000 - $114,000
- Eligible for vacation and benefits in lieu
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Interested candidates please apply online.
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.