Posted On: 2021-06-09
Closing On: 2021-06-24
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Manage the annual budget and plan, projecting revenue and expense for the Acquisition program, including projected response rates and average gift amounts. This includes identifying opportunities for testing and innovation intended to maximize campaign and program performance and integrating planning with retention activity.
- Manage the annual budget and plan, projecting revenue and expense, for Survival Gifts program; This includes overseeing the product offering, campaign development, project coordination and results reviews while overseeing Senior Officer activities in support of the Acquisition program.
- Manage all aspects of the Annual Giving Acquisition programs, as set out in the annual plan. This includes but is not restricted to multi-channel campaigns and urgent appeals in the event of an emergency.
- Managing the Senior Officer, Annual Giving oversee all aspects of annual solicitations Survival Gift and Market purchasers, as set out in the annual plan. This includes, but is not restricted to: developing and improving donor experiences to build loyalty; multi-channel campaigns; urgent appeals in the event of emergency.
- Oversee the project management of Emergency Campaigns for acquisition audiences in the event of an emergency. This includes being ready to activate in sudden onset emergencies.
- Support Emergency program for value max campaigns of existing donors in coordination with the Manager, Annual Giving (Retention).
- Integrate deeply lapsed reactivation activity into the Acquisition program.
- Project manage all day to day activities for multi-channel mass market fundraising campaigns including Direct Mail, Email, Social Media and Website updates to ensure programs are delivered within scope, within budget and within timelines.
- Develop and oversee integrated campaigns, including setting strategy, objectives, KPI’s ensuring clear communication and coordination across teams. Manage relationships with key external vendors. This will include developing project briefs, ongoing communication throughout the campaign and appropriate follow-up at campaign end, as well as ongoing communication to ensure strong relationships.
- Work closely with other business units within UNICEF Canada to identify opportunities for efficiencies, innovation, integration or collaboration.
- Manage budget for activity within the Annual Giving Acquisition and Survival Gifts portfolio, including maintaining, updating detailed monthly financial spreadsheets and forecasting and vendor budgets.
- Using data from multiple sources, provide ongoing reporting and analysis for each program/fundraising activity, and take corrective action where necessary to optimize revenue/expense ratio. Use findings to drive recommendations and decision-making going forward.
- Work with internal data team to report on file size by segment, analyze data and develop appropriate reporting tools to set up appeal codes to better understand supporters and improve overall campaign performance.
- Work with the Manager, Annual Giving (Retention) to develop strategies to improve second gift retention.
- Plan and work together with Manager, Acquisition on the Monthly Giving team on integrated acquisition campaigns.
- Work closely with the Marketing team on media campaign strategy and performance for fundraising campaigns.
- Develop effective, motivated team to achieve common goals with clearly defined accountabilities which are aligned with overall strategy.
- Recruit, retain and develop an effective and motivated team to achieve common team goals.
- Conduct goal setting planning as well as quarterly and year end performance reviews for direct reports as established by organization processes.
- Encourage, coach and foster opportunities for development and personal growth
- Support employee engagement strategies as required.
- Oversee the reconciliation of all invoices for Annual Giving Acquisition and Survival Gifts to budget.
- Present weekly status updates on key areas of the programs.
- Monitor weekly gift report to ensure accurate gift/appeal allocation and request updates when necessary.
- A university degree, college diploma or equivalent years’ work experience in Fundraising, Marketing or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) plus years of relevant work experience in a direct marketing or fundraising role;
- Experience managing and mentoring staff;
- Experience managing agency partners to deliver programs;
- A solid understanding of metrics, analysis, and effective fundraising best practices;
- Raiser’s Edge experience (an asset);
- Demonstrated experience executing successful fundraising campaigns with tracked ROI;
- The ability to be results-driven and deadline-oriented with follow through on timelines;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Strong project management skills with high attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- The ability to be a self-motivated team player who believes in proactive and transparent communication, frequently collaborating with peers;
- Knowledge of and interest in the work and mission of UNICEF Canada, and;
- Experience working with bilingual programs and French language skills (an asset).