Posted On: 2021-06-09
Closing On: 2021-06-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: August 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Manager, Institutional Giving and Donor Relations
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Fund Development
Reporting to: Executive Director, Toronto Artscape Foundation
Location: HQ – Headquarters (Artscape Daniels Launchpad, 130 Queens Quay East, Toronto)
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighborhood aspirations and philanthropic missions.
Since its beginning in 1986, Artscape has become recognized as an international leader in creative placemaking, a practice that leverages the power of art, culture and creativity to catalyze change, growth and transformation in communities. Artscape achieves its mission through developing and managing unique cultural facilities—including community cultural hubs, multi-purpose creative spaces and artist live/work projects—and delivering programs and services that promote creativity and cultural space development. For more information please visit www.artscape.ca.
The Manager, Institutional Giving & Donor Communications is responsible for leading and contributing to the Fund Development team's efforts for government, private and public foundation fundraising as well as developing donor communications for government, foundation, individual and corporate supporters. Suited for someone who can effectively communicate the importance of city building, the arts and ensuring that artists have financial support and access to tools and expertise to help sustain their career while living in a competitive and expensive city, this role is vital to the success of the Toronto Artscape Foundation.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Toronto Artscape Foundation, the Manager, Institutional Giving & Donor Communications collaborates closely with various Artscape departments that are directly involved with capital projects and key programming elements to meet strategic departmental objectives, including leading the research for and development of grant applications and funding proposals, reporting and donor stewardship materials. In addition, they contribute to and sometimes lead internal cross-departmental project teams as requested.
The Toronto Artscape Foundation delivers a suite of integrated annual and capital campaigns that raise vital contributions in support of projects, programs and services that create conditions for artists to thrive. This position contributes to a team that raises over $5M in cash annually from all three levels of government, public foundations and agencies, private foundations and individuals, as well as the corporate sector.
- Leads fundraising and stewardship of government and foundation supporters, including researching for applicable grant applications and writing all grant applications and funding proposals
- Leads and contributes to stewardship and reporting for all supporters
- Leads and contributes to the proposal development process
- Adapts existing material or writes original content as needed for use in communications with government and foundation supporters, individual donors and corporate supporters
- Oversees project and grant budgets, including financial reporting
- Develops work plans and goals for timely completion of projects and follows up with other staff to ensure goals are met
- Works closely with Artscape’s communications department to ensure high quality and timely external communications to all donors including Annual Reporting, stewardship reports, and all other donor communications
- Liaises and works closely with Artscape departments including Executive, Finance, Marketing & Hub Services on grant development, donor/grant fulfillment and reporting
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director to create fundraising strategies that support the goals of Toronto Artscape Inc. and the Toronto Artscape Foundation
- Actively models the organization’s values of collaboration, innovation, community, creativity and learning
- Other tasks as allocated
- Minimum five years’ experience in a relevant context demonstrating hands-on practical experience in grant writing, budgeting, major gifts, and donor stewardship
- Undergraduate degree or community college diploma in a relevant field, preferably fundraising
- Advanced budget management and financial tracking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in relational databases and/or customer relationship management platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Proven track record working with senior volunteers
- Previous not-for-profit experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience securing and closing major gifts of $25,000 and above
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required
Join Our Team!
We love creatives and creativity!
Join our team and be part of an organization that positively transforms the community through co-creation. Artscape is an urban development organization and global leader in creative placemaking. We have community cultural hubs throughout Toronto. The core of our work focuses on developing real estate projects, programs and services to empower artists and connect them to communities. As a not-for-profit organization based in Toronto since 1986, we collaborate with artists, community leaders, public policy advocates, philanthropists and urban developers, so that our work builds value for everybody. As a team member, you will contribute to the wide range of work we do for the community.
Artscape is dedicated to hiring employees who reflect the diverse communities we serve in Toronto.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate the Job Title and your name in the Subject line. In your letter, be sure to tell us where you initially saw the job posted. Unfortunately, incomplete applications without cover letters will not be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please. In some cases, interviews may begin before the job posting closes.
Salary Range: $57-$65K
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape. For more information, please see our Accessible Customer Service policy.
Artscape’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We will hold ourselves and each other accountable through word and action with the assurance that every member of the Artscape community be treated equitably, with dignity and respect. As an employer, as staff, as leaders and community members, we will act in an inclusive manner at all times and with mutual respect of individuals’ rights to be understood and heard.
We believe equity, diversity and inclusion creates a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals and is representative of the Canadian population and are resolute in cultivating an environment where all people are respected and their differences are embraced.
We do not condone or tolerate behaviour that undermines the dignity of any individual. Expressions of hate such as intimidation, harassment, offensiveness or hostility will not be tolerated.
We stand firm in our commitment to the erasure of and fight against all forms of discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to: Islamophobia, anti- Semitism, xenophobia, sexism, anti-Black racism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism and anti-indigenous rhetoric and remarks.
We further commit to the creation and enforcement of open and inclusive spaces, free of hate and all forms of oppression.
We will support the growth, awareness and understanding of our most marginalized and racialized communities and will promote and encourage open dialogue that does not infringe of the rights of others or cause harm.