Posted On: 2021-09-09
Closing On: 2021-10-08
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $200 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. We are seeking to grow our inspired team with the addition of two (2) Stewardship Specialists.
Reporting to the Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship, the Stewardship Specialist is an essential contributor to the further development and consistent delivery of an exceptional donor experience, engagement and retention program that celebrates donors. The Stewardship Specialist provides support to the Campaigns team with the common goal to retain donors for follow-up giving by communicating openly, frequently, and honestly about the impact of their current giving and by enhancing the Foundation’s relationships with them after their initial gifts. The Specialist will work closely with the fundraising, campaign, marketing & communications teams to deliver comprehensive and strategic donor-centered initiatives that support fundraising efforts for Mackenzie Health.
- Collaborates with senior management, volunteer leadership and Hospital staff to lead the development and implementation of a multi-level stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters long-term, meaningful relationships between the Foundation and its donors and sponsors.
- Working with members of the Campaigns team, leads the delivery of impactful stewardship engagement opportunities to honour, retain and grow donor support.
- Develop, plan and execute inspirational and engaging stewardship events (in person, virtual or hybrid), gift announcements, donor recognition unveilings, tours, milestone celebrations, etc., for donors at various levels, ensuring that the level of recognition provided complies with their gift agreement and the donor recognition policy.
- Working closely with the Campaigns team to plan a strategic schedule of stewardship opportunities for each Relationship Manager’s donor list, based on commitments. Ensuring stewardship and donor engagement activities are timely, substantive, meaningful and personal.
- Ensures all aspects of donor recognition plans, including overseeing signage for physical spaces across Mackenzie Health is accurately and efficiently installed, and maintains and tracks all signage, including donor wall(s) and plaques in Raisers Edge and other listings.
- Lead the development of how stewardship plans, and deliverables are tracked and coded in Raisers Edge.
- Compiles and maintains an inventory of existing stewardship and recognition commitments and opportunities to ensure compliance with the donor recognition policy and gift agreements.
- With the Campaign and Annual teams develop comprehensive stewardship programs for the Donor Bursary Program, Women in Philanthropy, Emerging Leaders, Planned Giving, etc.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure strategic stewardship communications with donors is effective, thanking donors for their support and demonstrating impact, including community report, annual impact reports, newsletters, e-blasts, letters and social media posts, etc.
- With the gift processing team tracks and facilitates the writing of all donor thank you letters assigned to the Campaigns team who prepares customized letters for signature by the Relationship Managers.
- Advises Campaigns team on potential funding levels for individual spaces based on a combination of approved recognition catalogue, location and visibility.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the donor recognition and naming opportunities database, including information and images that reside on the digital portal.
- Adheres to all Foundation policies and procedures regarding the integrity, security and appropriate use of information in keeping with the wishes of all donors and stakeholders and relevant privacy legislation.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at the Foundation and Hospital on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship initiatives.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What must you have?
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for donors, fundraising volunteers and the Hospital team within a large, challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in the fundraising/advancement field or equivalent client-focused environment. Exposure to a non-profit fundraising environment and/or a capital campaign is an asset.
- Strong understanding of donor stewardship and relations preferred.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement, or equivalent client relationship best practices, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Strong writing, communication and research skills required to convey clear and concise information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques relevant to major gift and community fundraising.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment with multiple workflows and competing deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; Constant Contact, database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Proven attendance record.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising, special events planning and/or project management in a non-profit
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation considered an asset.
What else do you bring?
- Passion for donor relations and stewardship.
- Experience working in healthcare philanthropy or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Respectful and service oriented to donors, volunteers, and peer Foundation and Hospital staff.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job, while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models’ behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
Salary Range: $62,000.00 - $79,895.00
Interested candidates please apply online.