Posted On: 2021-09-17
Closing On: 2021-10-17
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director - Communications & Marketing
Permanent Full Time position
Salary: $91,568.54 - $128,195.96
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s mission to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is currently spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – to enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, Canada’s first smart hospital.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public Affairs and Stakeholder Relations and Chief Communications Officer (who is accountable for both hospital and Foundation communications), the Director, Marketing and Communications is responsible for leading the planning, project management and successful delivery of core marketing communications programs and activities for Mackenzie Health Foundation as part of an integrated team with the hospital’s communications department. The integrated team is in place to ensure alignment between Mackenzie Health and Mackenzie Health Foundation to continuously build a consistent brand and voice.
Key accountabilities for the Director, Marketing and Communications include developing the Foundation’s annual marketing and communications plan and managing a team with expertise in marketing communications, graphic design, digital communication, and web to deliver high quality and impactful products, on time and on budget. The Foundation marketing and communications team supports the annual, campaigns and community fundraising programs. Marketing communications products include but are not limited to impact reports, proposals, social media and web content, event communications, cases for support, brochures, advertisements, letters, speaking remarks and other marketing materials.
Contribute to safe, quality care by:
- Managing workload effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures
What must you have?
- University degree or college diploma in communications or related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior communications role ideally within the not-for-profit sector and/or specifically with a hospital Foundation
- Experience managing a high-performing team
What else do you bring?
- Strong team management experience with demonstrated ability to develop, coach and mobilize your team to effectively deliver high quality work
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading marketing campaigns
- Excellent project management skills and proven ability to lead the overall management and successful execution of integrated project plans, timelines, and deliverables within budget
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with the ability to communicate complex topics with simple, engaging language. Experience writing for fundraising considered an asset
- Strong leadership presence and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with colleagues at all levels on an organization, including senior executives
- Excellent understanding of communications and marketing principles with the ability to create targeted strategies to reach diverse and varied audiences
- The desire to continuously monitor new and emerging marketing and communication practices to foster creativity and innovation in the delivery of product and service
- Strong knowledge of design, digital and the print/production process
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated good judgment, professionalism, and integrity
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team-orientated environment
- Demonstrated behaviour consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring
- Alignment with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership, and Integrity
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working in a healthcare foundation or not-for-profit environment
Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health.
Interested candidates please apply online.